sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient & accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients & produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, were committed to leaving people better than we found them. Were in the business of feeding people, & were out to change what that means.
Are you a team player whos open to growing & learning new things? Are you looking to break into the restaurant/service industry & want a job where you can get your hands dirty? Are you an individual who wants a job where you can be yourself?
As a Service Team Member, you will be an ambassador of the sweetlife & sweetgreen's core values. You will be an integral part of the guest experience, through the facetoface customer interaction & 1:1 service model that sets us apart from other restaurant companies. You will report to the Head Coach (General Manager) & Store Lead (Assistant General Manager), & will be empowered to make your own decisions that create the best experience for our guests.
You will be responsible for crafting thoughtful & personalized experiences for your guests. The goal is to leave people better off than when we found them. You must be a true team player, willing to get your hands dirty & do whatever it takes to keep your store running smoothly. Every team member at sweetgreen is responsible for upholding our core values.
Service Team Member Responsibilities include & are not limited to:
- Maintain cleanliness of front line, lobby, bathrooms + patio area, take out lobby trash, bus & clean tables & chairs. Restock utensils, napkins, beverage station, & bathrooms
- Learn & maintain knowledge of our changing salad menu to effectively communicate all ingredients to guests
- Ensure all food on the line meets food safety & quality standards, eliminating cross-contamination on the front line
- Maintain knowledge of critical dietary information & demonstrate proper food handling
- Set up, maintain & break down front line area
- Operate POS register to complete customer transactions
- Greet guests, guide the customer journey, resolve guest issues & properly inform guests of cashless transactions + how our sweetgreen app works
- Maintain cleanliness & organization of online-ordering (OLO) pick-up area; organize OLO shelve, manage shelf life log & help guests locate their salads
- Food, Restaurant, Team and/or Customer Service experience
- A team player with a positive can-do attitude
- Quick & adaptable learner
- Excellent & collaborative communication skills
- A knack for delivering personable customer service & a desire to make connections with guests everyday
- Accountable in upholding high standards
- A friendly, fun, & positive work environment, with a welcoming & supportive team
- Competitive wages
- A clear career path with opportunities for advancement & career development
- Free sweetgreen gear & tenure rewards through our 'Shades of Green' program
- Healthy & delicious shift meals
Come live the sweetlife!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us & everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government'sE-Verifyprogram to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about theE-Verifyprogram, pleaseclick here.