BuzzFeed the social news & entertainment company provides the most shareable breaking news, original reporting, entertainment & video across the social web.
We are looking for an Account Executive - Travel with a passion for social content-driven advertising.
You have experience in digital/experiential media & a proven track record within sales. You are able to work within a strong team culture while being independent in managing business. You also have effective collaboration, negotiation, & customer service skills. You thrive in an entrepreneurial learning environment that will allow you to quickly get up to speed on our products & begin generating revenue.
- Pitch renewal business & seek to find new lines of business in order to generate growth amongst existing clients
- Creatively build a pipeline & maintain a high level of activity
- Prepare for & manage business meetings with clients ranging from agency-level to C-level clients
- Develop a sales strategy & business plan for generating revenue through premium direct sales to brands & agencies as well as RFP agency business
- Host online, phone, in-person presentations, & client entertainment
- Utilize extensive knowledge of assigned clients, including their internal structure, agency partners, etc. to uncover new opportunities for revenue
- Expert on social media, content Marketing, mobile & digital video
- 3+ years of previous digital media & sales experience
- Passion for problem solving & understanding client business challenges
- Curious nature, someone who enjoys thinking outside the box
- A competitive spirit, a desire to close business & exceed revenue goals
- Ability to effectively collaborate with internal partner teams while being independent in managing your business
- Outstanding communications skills including negotiation skills & exemplary consultative selling skills.
- Strong understanding of social media platforms & ability to navigate the internet
- A desire to learn & adapt in an ever changing industry
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeedcelebrates inclusion andis committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
Opportunities for personal & professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, & more
An attractive compensation package, including salary & equity
A generous & well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO & unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more
No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA & NYC!
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.