The Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) teams are looking for experienced & passionate software engineers & systems engineers who possess backgrounds in systems, programming & networking to help in ensuring that customers around the world can access Squarespace sites, that they load quickly, & that all of the features work. We work together with the product teams to maintain the reliability of our features that are backed by a fleet of microservices, with the infrastructure teams to grow our current data centers & build new ones, with the data teams to tackle challenging big data issues, & the security teams to keep a close eye on the latest vulnerabilities & protect our product, infrastructure & networks.
The Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) teams are also responsible for designing the systems that allow us to operate on our data centers & evolve the massive Squarespace software engine that serves millions of users worldwide. We implement software for internal DNS management, IP address allocation, & Linux image & package repositories. We build tools for the provisioning of compute capacity on top of VMware, Kubernetes clusters or public clouds. We work together with Server Engineering teams to scale up our storage, database & search infrastructure, which ingests close to 2 TBs of data per day. Our internal products include source code management tools, clusters of build agents for frontend & server-side code, automated testing infrastructure, Docker image generation tools, & continuous deployment pipelines, all used by 300+ software engineers in the wider organization. You will report to the team lead in NYC.
The Developer Tools team engineers tools that facilitate pushing code to production & its userbase is all the developers at Squarespace. For example, we built a local development platform to develop Squarespace locally using a combination of Docker & in-house services. We are currently working on tools to run ephemeral, on-demand development environments on GKE.
- Build & support tools to make the life of developers at Squarespace easier.
- Own internal services like Kubernetes, infrastructure components like MongoDB databases & Couchbase clusters, product-related services like our certificate management pipeline, & everything in between.
- Write high-quality infrastructure-as-code that automates the provisioning, deployment, scaling, & monitoring of Squarespaces infrastructure & ensure it's redundant & fast around the globe.
- Collaborate with a team of engineers to test your ideas & understand the system, with an emphasis on mentoring & elevating junior team members.
- Interface with other engineers to negotiate, design & implement solutions that improves their efficiency.
- Programming experience in Java, C++, Python, Go, or Ruby. Deep experience managing large-scale software & distributed systems in *nix environments.
- An understanding of & experience with, web application development.
- A solid foundation in computer science, with competencies in data structures, algorithms, & software design practices.
- Understand database design, caching, scalability, & network fundamentals.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Prometheus, or other CNCF software is a big plus.
- BS, or MS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent industry experience.
Squarespace empowers people with creative ideas to succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 800 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch & snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Education reimbursement
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.