JW Player is the world's most widely-adopted independent online video technology platform, generating more than 18 billion video views monthly from over 2 billion unique users. Our software powers the video experience on sites that range from born-on-the-web digital publishers to global broadcasters.
As the Product Manager for Analytics you will drive customer success by providing critical insights & data that impact the success of their business. This is currently provided through reports in a customer portal, data feeds, & real-time signals. This role reports to the Chief Product Officer & will set the strategy & vision for our analytics products & execute against the plan created.
The ideal candidate will have prior product analytics or big data experience, including data visualization through user interfaces & APIs. You must be able to thrive & succeed in a fast-paced environment, & not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. In this role, you are not only able to develop & drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in, & get the job done.
As a Product Manager, Analytics, you will:
- Define & execute product vision & strategy for existing & newly created Analytics products by interacting with key clients & through market research
- Set & manage KPIs for product growth to help attain company goals
- Provide sales, support, & API documentation for internal & external consumers
- Work with multiple stakeholders, both internal & external, to gather & prioritize product/feature requirements & deliver product functionality
- Understand customer needs & requirements, plus anticipating future trends that will serve their needs
- Act as product owner in an Agile development process
- Drive prioritization across multiple engineering teams, communication with internal stakeholders, & user testing with customers.
- Serve as technical liaison to the Support Team & respond to high priority customer questions
- Review & write functional specifications to communicate & guide product development
- Integrate & analyze product usage to continually optimize performance & user experience
Who You Are:
- 5+ years product management or related work experience in data-driven web services (e.g. video analytics, asset management, CRM) in an agile environment
- A record of taking products to market from idea conception to launch in a fast-paced environment.
- Delivered products at scale by working with customers to solve their unique needs.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills with both internal & external stakeholders
- Experience with big data, data analysis, data visualization, APIs & real time services
- Demonstrable proficiency in SQL, BI tools, & a penchant for making data-driven decisions
- UI/UX experience
- Experience with cloud infrastructure like AWS, Google Cloud, Azure
- Technical background with a B.S or higher in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or a related field or equivalent experience
About JW Player
JW Player pioneered video on the web over a decade ago & continues to innovate as the worlds largest network-independent platform for video delivery & intelligence. Media companies including Fox, VICE, Business Insider, & Univision, in addition to hundreds of thousands of creators of all types & sizes, rely on JW Player to deliver & monetize their content across all devices. JW Players massive global footprint of over 2 billion unique devices creates a powerful data graph of unique consumer insights & generates billions of incremental video views. The company is headquartered in New York, with offices in London & Eindhoven, & was named to Deloittes Technology Fast 500 in 2018. For more information, visit http://www.jwplayer.com.
When you join JW Player, you are not just joining a company or a team but a family. Our goal is to take care of you & ensure you will be successful in your new role. Your success is our success. When you join us, your benefits kick in from day one!
- Medical, Vision & Dental Coverage through Empire BlueCross
- Open PTO Policy - Self care is IMPORTANT!
- Development Program
- An opportunity to make an impact in a fast paced environment
- Bi - Annual Hack Weeks
- AMA (Ask Me Anything) & Fireside chats with Executives & JW Player family
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.