Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about building features that you & your peers will love.
We are looking for an experienced front-end engineer who shares our passion for making complex applications appear simple for our customers. Well give you the freedom to do what you do best, so you should feel comfortable owning your work from start to finish, as well as bringing fresh ideas to the table that can make our product, development experience, & team better. Youll have the opportunity to work closely with designers, product managers, & other engineers across the stack to make ideas a reality.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Development for our cloud control panel (currently being built in Ember)
- Working with product & design to streamline our onboarding & create experiences
- Building new, efficient, & scalable front-end applications that will interface with public & internal APIs
- Writing clean, maintainable, & testable code
- Work with the team to define our future architecture
What Well Expect From You:
- Proven experience building & deploying single-page applications at scale
- Up-to-date knowledge of HTML
- Experience with test-driven development
- Some backend or full-stack experience
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other & take our no jerks rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to & from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles & reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC & Cambridge & offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. Were also very remote-friendlywe use Slack to communicate across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our office to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!