Make things that matter, at Plated! Our teams are making healthy & tasty eating part of everyday living. What we build as a team has a major impact on our customers, & we're passionate about doing what's best for them.
Were searching for a Software Engineering Manager to lead our teams of native application engineers, both iOS & Android. The applications & infrastructure built by this team will inspire our customers to cook more & live better. This is a unique opportunity to lead the scaling of our native ecosystem into the most innovative & personalized customer experience possible.
What You'll be Doing:
- Manage teams of native iOS & Android engineers & push the possibilities of their platforms.
- Help define & develop drive long term Mobile product strategy. Discuss new product ideas with stakeholders to decide on solutions that best satisfy business needs while raising the bar on customer experience
- Mentor & grow engineers. Have a vested interest in their direct reports long-term career & life goals & help them manage plans to reach those goals
- Contribute to building scalable, high-performing tech infrastructure
- Help shape a cultural high bar for security, performance, reliability, & maintainability of software
- Grow talent & drive recruitment efforts
What You Bring to the Table:
- Minimum 5 years of FT professional software development experience in a senior role building iOS and/or Android applications
- Acute understanding of HIG & best practices for each platform
- Excellent communication skills with engineers & non-engineers alike
- Experience managing & mentoring engineers
- Experience working in a continuous integration environment
- Experience working in an environment with agile practices
- Experience working with product managers, designers, stakeholders
- Good understanding of how to work effectively with microservices & a service-oriented architecture
Working at Plated:
Plated brings together exceptional food, unparalleled creativity, & innovative technology to redefine the dinner experience. Our team is solving big-picture problems in a collaborative, data-driven environment weve built togetherand were looking for the best people to join us.
Our benefits & perks (expanding all the time!):
- The best part: a free weekly Plated box!
- Unlimited vacation days with a "get your work done" policy that respects your time
- Competitive compensation
- Customizable medical, vision, & dental plans & a 401(k) plan
- Annual education stipend for your career development
- Newly renovated office in Chelsea, Manhattan with an open floor plan, beautiful demo kitchens, & adorable office dogs.
- Daily breakfast, afternoon snacks, & Test Kitchen samples
- Company events, cultural clubs, & food-related activities
Plated is an Equal Opportunity Employer.