Do you believe that creators should get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers exclusive content & community experiences for creators with established followings. Patreon provides creators with the insight, education, & tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating & energising their fanbases.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone & we have paid over $2 billion directly to creators on our platform. In order to support this level of growth, Patreon is looking for a Sr. UX Researcher to lead product research for our Payments & Billing experience with a focus on global expansion.
You will bring a strong foundation in UX Research methods, flexibility, & the ability to help teams drive towards decision making. We seek someone that is an eager collaborator & has experience working cross-functionally (Design, Data Science, Product Management, Market Research, Eng, Operations, etc.).
What you will do:
- Establish Patreons research function in our Dublin office & be a key part of the research teams foundation
- Drive business & product decisions based on Research
- Uncover & validate new product opportunities
Skills & experience you possess:
- 5+ years of experience OR a relevant graduate degree & 3+ years of experience
- The ability to work with a great degree of autonomy
- Previous research experience for products that involve billing, account management, financial transactions, payments, or similar problem spaces
Bonus points for:
- The ability to conduct research in languages other than research
- A background in behavioural science & experimentation
- Experience conducting research with global audiences
- Expertise in survey design & analysis
- A passion for the creative economy
Who you'll work with:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing & highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, & rewarding.
Patreon aspires to be among the tech industrys most inclusive work environments. Not only is it the right thing to do, but pursuing diversity of perspectives helps us build for our diverse community of creators & patrons. To learn how we're working towards this, please click here.
We work hard to maintain a bottom-up decision-making culture. We empower our employees by providing a clear vision & tools to fulfill it. We believe that hiring smart, thoughtful, people & giving them strong ownership of their work leads to the best results.
Want to learn more about Patreon?
- Check out our reviews on Glassdoor
- Check to see if you know a Patreon teammate on LinkedIn
Thanks very much for taking the time to learn about the team behind Patreon. If you want to join us in changing creators lives, wed love to talk.