Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We deliver real-time, actionable alerts that are derived from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our clients are the first to know about high-impact events & critical breaking information, giving them the opportunity to act faster & stay one step ahead when every second counts. We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of real-time information as a force for good in the world.
Our groundbreaking AI & machine learning technology cuts through the noise in an increasingly complex landscape by detecting, classifying, & determining the significance of public information. Headquartered in NYC, Dataminr has revolutionized the way that global news, finance, public sector, corporate security & PR/communications professionals know & act on critical, relevant information to protect people, assets & brands.
Along the way, we've grown to over 450 talented employees across six global offices, attained unicorn status after our recent investment round, & been referred to as the super tool of journalists & hedge funds. Weve received numerous awards & accolades from our clients, including recognition from CNBC as one of the worlds 50 most disruptive private technology companies in 2016 & joining Forbes definitive list of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world, in 2017 & 2018.
A career at Dataminr offers the ability to make a meaningful impact at a rapidly growing tech company with a startup culture, while being supported by the experience of a company founded in 2009. We value ownership, curiosity & drive on an individual level & live these values every day. We empower everyone to have a voice at the table & regularly invest in professional development. Our culture promotes cross team interaction, work-life balance & the sharing of information & ideas because it enables us to do our best work & have fun.
Who you are:
Were looking for an energetic, organised, & fun Office Manager to act as the go-to for any office needs & to provide support to our leadership team & employee family. Youre responsible for organising & supervising all of the administrative activities that facilitate the smooth running of our London office to give Dataminr the most productive, innovative & engaging workplace possible. As the first port of call for anything office related, youll also work closely with HR & other key stakeholders in areas such as volunteering; health & wellness, & office events. Were looking for someone proactive, whos always thinking ahead to ensure that our team & employees are set up for success.
- Be the first point of contact for visitors, as well as the first point of contact for any office or facilities issues that arise.
- Support & manage London facilities, office administration & operation needs such as booking of meeting rooms.
- Organise office events including client events, happy hours & office socials.
- Be a key driver of the culture, owning/executing agreed upon social activities.
- Manage central services: reception, mail, maintenance & upkeep/tidiness of the office, kitchen & meeting rooms & catering.
- Serve as the first point of contact at the reception desk, representing Dataminr & our office culture with professionalism, warmth, & flawless customer service to all visitors & employees
- Answer telephones & route calls/messages as appropriate
- Arrange daily food & beverage program including, but not limited to, ordering, tracking deliveries, monitoring inventory, & managing budgets.
- Ensure adequate stock of stationery, kitchen snacks & other office supplies
- Liaise with building management, security & maintenance team as needed.
- Manage vendors, including sourcing, creation of POs, invoice tracking & partnering with finance on timely invoice payments.
- Budget & expense management, including reconciliation of spend in line with budget.
- Provide support to our Dublin office as & when required, in the absence of the Office Manager to ensure the smooth running of operations.
- Partner with HR to provide support executing employee wellness & volunteering programs etc.
- Manage space allocation for current & new employees.
- Prepare & submit expenses as & when necessary.
- Ensure health & safety standards are maintained, compliant with local laws & regulations.
- Support all staff as needed to ensure consistent, effective cross-functional communication.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Office management/facilities experience in a fast paced environment, plus the proven ability to collaborate effectively with operational heads locally & globally.
- Keen & creative problem solver with an infectiously upbeat attitude.
- Exceptional organisational & proven multitasking skills; juggling pressured deadlines & priorities .
- An independent, autonomous & enthusiastic hands-on approach to all tasks; willing to roll-up your sleeves to help anytime.
- Creative problem solver & positivity driving fun/social activities aligned with London team culture.
- Proactive identification of improvements, especially related to office & culture.
- Up-to-date knowledge of Health & Safety Regulations.
- Experience in a high growth, fast paced tech company.
- Solid experience with diligent budget management & vendor relations.
- Hands on working knowledge of the Google Suite, Outlook, Word & Excel.
- Great communication skills, both written & verbal, with a confident, approachable demeanour & a great sense of humour.
Our offering of competitive benefits & perks include:
- Competitive compensation package including equity
- Company paid benefits for employees & their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability & life
- Professional development fund
- Generous leave, including an additional volunteer day
- Daily catered lunch & snack area with refrigerated beverages
- Bi-monthly company outings
- Dataminr Yoga
- Discounted Gym Membership
and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
Dataminr will collect & process your personal data. All personal data will be processed in accordance with Dataminir's data privacy notice available here: https://www.dataminr.com/privacy-policy & applicable data protection laws. By providing your details & applying via our careers website, you acknowledge that you have read our data privacy notice. If you have any queries, please contact the People Team at email@example.com or our Legal department at firstname.lastname@example.org.