About the team
Service reliability is the core responsibility of every software engineering team. Our SRE team helps ensure that as an organization we remove our silos, embrace the fact that accidents happen, prioritize the fact that measurement is crucial, & invest in improving our operations capabilities while improving developer efficiency. Software operations, as a discipline, is hard. Add in the companys goals of managing multiple brands spread across many geographies & all the new features we are launching, & it becomes even more challenging. The SRE team is dedicated to ensuring that the Harrys Tech team proactively builds reliability into our products.
About the role
As the manager of this team, you will be responsible for the growth & development of the Site Reliability Engineers. You will lead defining what it means for the system to be available & help the engineering team set & track metrics, identify projects, & work across the organization to ensure we are always striving to improve our operational excellence. You will ensure that as an organization, we are proactively monitoring the health of our systems & new features, communicating observations to executive leadership & the team, & adding reliability to our overall architecture.
What you will accomplish
- As a player/coach, you will still have hands on work while managing the growth & development of the SRE team
- You will set Harrys Tech operational best practices & ensure the organization has service-level objectives, service-level agreements, & service-level indicators.
- You will improve the engineering organizations overall observability of the teams application & infrastructure
- You will ensure that as an organization, we are following best practices & proactively testing the flexibility & resilience of our systems
- You will improve our on-call process & open up communication channels across the team & company
This should describe you
- You are highly resilient, have a strong sense of whats important as priorities change, & coach the team to reset & remain focused accordingly.
- You create an environment where calculated risk-taking is valued, as measured by your team & the organization trying new things & improving existing processes & experiences.
- You invest proactively in building high-performing teams by coaching people & creating growth & development opportunities that align with peoples personal motivations & goals
- You set clear standards, hold people accountable, & give clear & compassionate feedback in all directions
- You create a culture of inclusion, not just within your team but cross-functionally as well
- A Bachelors in Information Technology, Computer Science (or equivalent non-traditional training) & 3+ years of experience in DevOps engineering & 2+ years of management experience
- Infrastructure architecture & design skills
- Experience in designing & implementing monitoring, logging & alerting systems
- Strong foundation with AWS, in particular Kubernetes / EKS, ECS, Cloudformation, Kinesis, Lambda, etc.
- Great communication skills
Here's who you'll work with
- Reporting to the VP of Engineering
- Working on the Site Reliability Team
- Working cross-functionally with the entire engineering organization & IT team
Harrys started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harrys expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, & launched a womens brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, Harrys team is composed of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback. Come for the coffee & free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.