See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Senior Solutions Engineer - Segment
Who we are & why were hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications & data solutions that help companies & developers worldwide build better applications & customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, & we're looking for more builders, creators, & visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
Have you got a knack for explaining technical concepts? Do you want to work closely with big name companies to solve some of their toughest problems? Were looking for a Senior Solutions Engineer who loves teaching people, solving problems, & wants to be a major factor in adding to the list of our biggest customers. Youd be joining a team of talented engineers that love open-source, supporting their community, & making life easier for people. We care deeply about our users & partners, & we judge ourselves on how well we serve them.
We partner with our Account Executives by removing technical & business related obstacles in front of a sale, advocating for customer interests to relevant internal teams, & creating compelling technical content. We get excited talking to engineers, product managers, growth marketers, & also know how to distill technical concepts to our buyers. Were here to make our customers lives easier by providing them with the right solutions for their challenges in customer data strategy & architecture.
In this role, youll:
- Lead technical evaluations with our prospects to uncover their goals to articulate Segments ability to enable their success.
- Develop subject matter expertise on the customer data landscape, & Segments role within the customer data ecosystem
- Take lead on understanding customer technical pains to design, demonstrate & present innovative solutions that unlock business-level gains.
- Act as a trusted advisor to consult with customers & prospects in order to influence their customer data strategy & architecture design.
- Build a perspective on customer & market trends by listening to prospects & advocate customer interests to influence Segments strategy & vision.
- Partner with Account Executives to execute pre-sales activities including opportunity qualification, demonstrations, Proof-of-Concept, RFP Design & justifying business value.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, & we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having desired qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- You have a curiosity that often manifests in understanding technology "under the hood", & have a knack for understanding technical concepts.
- You have a passionate commitment to closing deals.
- Youre a customer focused problem solver. You balance devising creative solutions & doing whats right for the customer
- Youre a life-long learner - you enjoy digesting new information & sharing that knowledge with others.
- You are organized, driven & have the ability to switch context quickly throughout the day.
- You have a strong understanding of how modern web services & mobile apps are built, & the cloud infrastructure that powers them (e.g. Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure, etc).
- You have professional experience in some of the following areas: Web development, mobile development, device platforms & architectures, ETL concepts & workflows, high availability systems & business continuity, message queuing patterns & pipeline design
- You have 3+ years of success in a solutions engineering (presales) role with 6+ years of progressive professional experience supporting technical products.
- Youve built websites and/or mobile apps, or have experience working with ETL and/or data pipelines
- Youve worked in marketing/advertising & understand the technical pains & challenges of working with customer data
- You have some experience with Data Analytics, Data Science, AI, or Machine Learning
This role will be based in our New York, San Francisco, Denver, or one of our other remote office locations.
Our expectation is that the team will get together in person 1-2 times/quarter once it is safe to do.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental & wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, & much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, & are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering & donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, & be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
*If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $103,680.00 - 170,280.00
- Sales Commission: Additionally, this role is eligible to earn commissions & eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidates starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, & geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilios equity plan & for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.