Codecademy was started in 2011 by two college students in a dorm room at Columbia that were frustrated by the huge gap between education & employment. A few years later, we are a rapidly growing, diverse team of 75+ in SoHo, NYC. Weve raised over $40m in venture capital funding from top investors including Union Square Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Naspers, Y Combinator, & more.
If you want to help build a business that impacts tens of millions of people each year & helps them lead better lives, join us!
We are looking to hire a Business Development Representative to help us grow our business-to-business product, Codecademy for Business. Codecademy for Business is our subscription product focused on selling access to Codecademys complete content library to businesses, teams & users looking to purchase bulk subscriptions.
As a Business Development Representative, you will be responsible for selling leads on the benefits of Codecademy for Business. You will be the primary point of contact for potential purchasers, communicate the benefits of Codecademy for Business, support onboarding, & drive retention & renewal. We are looking for someone who can help shape the future of the business product by synthesizing user feedback & needs.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Answer inbound requests from leads interested in buying Codecademy for Business.
- Build relationships with prospective purchasers, selling them on the benefits of Codecademy for Business.
- Once the sale is complete, help onboard users, ensuring customer success & driving customer retention.
- Help build process & best practices around Codecademy for Business sales, onboarding, retention & renewal techniques.
- Report on sales funnel targets & revenue.
- Support growth of product by understanding user needs & deficiencies in current product.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- 2-3 years of inside sales experience.
- A proactive attitude towards meeting sales targets.
- You need to be self-motivated, able to work independently, & comfortable building something from scratch.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- An innovative mindset--constantly looking for ways to improve processes.
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU STAND OUT:
- Previous experience with CRMs like Hubspot or SalesForce.
- Previous experience working in ed-tech, or in a b2b sales role.
- Comfortable working towards sales targets.
- Enjoys talking, selling & pitching a product to clients.
- Has experience in outbound sales.
- Has worked on sales campaigns.
At Codecademy, we are committed to teaching people the skills they need to upgrade their careers. Codecademy aims to educate a richly diverse demographic of learners with our product & in order to accomplish this, we believe our team should reflect that rich diversity. Our company celebrates diversity in all of its forms-- race, gender, color, national origin, marital status, sexuality, religion, veteran status, age, ability, disability status-- & works to create an inclusive workplace where people of all backgrounds & beliefs are empowered to better their futures.