Zola is seeking a Senior Manager, Talent & Diversity to provide essential day-to-day support in a high-performing working environment. This role will serve as a dedicated business partner to assigned departments within the organization. This role will also manage Zolas current diversity initiatives & build upon our focus on diversity, equity & inclusion. Were looking for a utility player who can produce results wherever the talent needs are. You must love a fast paced & collaborative culture where no two days are the same. This role will be based in our NYC office.
- HR Business Partner
- Build trusting relationships & act as a credible advisor (and trusted confidant) to employees at all levels.
- Provide coaching, support & development for key stakeholders to help them & their teams deliver their best work.
- Support planning & implementation of company-wide Talent initiatives (i.e. performance management, career development, recognition
- Handle all manner of employee relations issues, working with managers on handling sensitive matters.
- Provide general thought partnership on initiatives aimed at improving culture & team effectiveness.
- Support teams by responding to employee matters with a sense of urgency & ensure that they are resolved promptly.
- Identify & assist with other Talent projects as needed.
- Manage Zolas current DE&I programs & activities, including the Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), diversity task force, & other ongoing initiatives. This includes meeting-planning, trend research, communication, & event planning.
- Implement & maintain a calendar of activities to drive employee engagement around DE&I priorities, as well as react to new opportunities as they arise.
- Ensure company is kept up to date on DE&I programs & results.
- Provide input into the development of training content in support of DE&I.
- Track & report on demographics, trends & statistics at the company level.
- Build a network & represent Zola at external events, meetings & conferences related to DE&I.
- Partner with key stakeholders on any external DE&I initiatives or messaging.
- 7+ years of professional experience
- 2+ years of experience as an HR Business Partner or Diversity Specialist
- Excellent project management & organizational savvy. Solid track record in implementing process improvements.
- Understanding & sincere interest in Diversity, Equity & Inclusion concepts, programs & trends.
- Natural, authentic people skills; youre a great listener & easily build trusting relationships at all levels. You maintain objective, honest, & clear communications.
- Ability to easily flex from strategic to tactical work; you can think big picture & execute tactically
- Highly motivated & process-driven with exceptional attention to detail.
- High level of integrity & understand how to handle confidential information & sensitive issues.
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills both written & verbal, including ability to network & leverage internal & external relationships to achieve goals.
- Optimistic attitude & inclusive nature
We're Zola, the wedding company that will do anything for love. We're reinventing the wedding planning & registry experience to make the happiest moment in our couples lives even happier. From engagement to wedding & decorating your first home, Zola is there, combining compassionate customer service with modern tools & technology all in the service of love.
We built our entire platform from the ground-up in 2013, & quickly became the fastest-growing wedding company in the country. Our team has deep experience creating award-winning online & mobile products that are helpful, intuitive, & simply magical. We've raised over $140 million in financing, & were proud to have investor partners including Female Founders Fund, Comcast Ventures, Goldman Sachs, Canvas Ventures, Thrive Capital & Lightspeed Venture Partners, among others.
We are passionate about supporting all forms of love, & were proud of our thriving community of over 1 million couples. We strive to hire a team that is as beautifully diverse as the couples getting married today, & we encourage individuals from every race, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, marital status, religion & perspective to apply. Zola will always be a place where every employee, couple, wedding guest, wedding vendor, & partner will be respected & accepted & valued.
Our headquarters are in NYC, but we also have a growing team in Charlottesville & Montreal. Were hiring in all three offices. Come work with us!