Company Description|Job Description
Guardant Healthis a leading precision oncologycompanyfocused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets & advanced analytics.The Guardant Health Oncology Platform is designed to leverage our capabilities in technology, clinical development, regulatory & reimbursement to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes & lower healthcare costs.
In pursuit of our goal to manage cancer across all stages of the disease,Guardant Healthhas launched two liquid biopsy-based tests, Guardant360 & GuardantOMNI, for advanced stage cancer patients, & is developing programs for recurrence & early detection, called Project LUNAR. Since its launch in 2014, Guardant360 has been used by more than 5,000 oncologists, over 40 biopharmaceutical companies & all 27 of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network centers.
To enable Guardant Health to lead the disruption of cancer treatments through non-invasive cancer screening, the Technology Development Team is seeking a highly motivated Scientist to lead the execution of sustaining & troubleshooting activities pertaining to our launched assays for rare variant studies with next-generation sequencing. At Guardant, we leverage the most advanced technologies & work with leaders in many different fields to create the most impactful & meaningful technologies for cancer management.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Identify areas for improvement in assay & propose & implement solutions
- Design & perform experiments to continually improve our assay workstreams
- Develop & perform longitudinal analytics of clinical lab performance & provide regular updates to cross-functional teams
- Write experiment reports & update SOPs as needed
- Collaborate cross-functionally with operations, process engineering, & bioinformatics to facilitate effective delivery sustaining & support deliverables
- Lead in troubleshooting efforts with our Operations teams & capture lessons learned
- Manage the escalation process between Operations & Technology teams
- Conceptualize & perform feasibility studies on new assay improvements
- Ensure all work is performed & documented in compliance with applicable regulatory & quality practices (FDA, ISO13485)
- Be a mentor to grow junior team members
- Present data, proposals, & progress in various forums & to technical & non-technical audiences
- PhD degree in molecular biology, biomedical sciences, bioinformatics, genetics, biochemistry, or related field
- Strong foundation in molecular biology techniques & NGS assay development, exemplified by publications, patent applications, or previous product development experience
- Strong data analysis skills with experience with Python & R & the experience in handling large datasets
- Demonstrated ability to organize, document & communicate scientific data
- Sense of humor is a must
- Consummate team player: demonstrated ability to contribute in an environment where numerous contributions are required to accomplish complex goals. Enjoy working independently & collaboratively in a fast-paced environment & able to adapt to change
- Highly motivated & responsible self-starter & independent problem solver
- Curiosity & drive
- 3+ years of industry work experience preferred
- Product development in a regulated environment
- Experience with assay development for automated liquid handling platforms
- Experience in sustaining development or support
Guardant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status & will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.