About MakeSpace www.makespace.com
MakeSpace is a national tech startup headquartered in New York City that is disrupting the self-storage industry. We are changing the way people think about their belongings & saving them from ever having to visit a storage unit again.
MakeSpace is a convenient, simple, on-demand storage solution that takes the "self" out of "self-storage. Our Operations team storages & transports customer items to a secure storage facility until they decide they want them back. Our customers can see what they have in storage directly on their mobile app which include pictures for easy retrieval. Our streamlined supply chain enables our customer items to be returned in as little as 24 hours.
Safety at our sites is our number one priority. As a Safety Manager youll be principally based out of our warehouse in Brooklyn, NY. You will have a real impact on our Safety Program by developing, implementing & executing safety policies, ensuring compliance to all local & regional regulations, & analyzing safety metrics to continuously reduce risk in our processes. The goal of this essential role is to ensure the workplace meets all legal expectations & actively supports occupational health & safety. This position reports to our Director of Operations.
What you'll be doing:
- Instruct & train Operations Team in company safety policies & assist the operations site teams in incorporating our safety standards at their site.
- Our Operations Team is nationwide, & you will have multi-site responsibility traveling between our different markets.
- Identify best practices & incorporate these processes into our standards to continuously improve company safety policies.
- Analyze safety metrics & review incident weekly & monthly incident trends to discover trends to justify the allocation of appropriate resources to areas where the safety risk is highest.
- Identify & inform management of compliance issues, safety risks & improvement opportunities through the conduct of daily, weekly & monthly audits.
- Recommend appropriate risk mitigation measures to Management, including ergonomic considerations, in all such efforts.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives that enable MakeSpace to have a best in class safety records.
- Manage the workers compensation process, evaluate current insurance policies & improve our safety ratings.
- Youve completed a Bachelors degree from an accredited university (Operations, Engineering, Supply Chain Management or similar degree)
- 2-4 years managing the Safety Department of a warehouse or transportation operations.
- Experience with OSHA regulations.
- Experience with Workers Compensation case management.
- Direct management experience for a salaried & non-exempt employee population & its safety related performance.
- Obsessive attention to detail with excellent analytical, organizational & interpersonal skills.
- You should be flexible to work weekends & night shifts regularly.
- Ambitious self-starter with the ability to dive deep to find root causes
What you'll get:
- Strong compensation package that includes base salary & stock options.
- Full benefits coverage
- Team happy hours & events.
- Access to some groovy perks programs for things like gym membership & movie discounts.
- The chance to work with the coolest guys in green youll ever meet.
MakeSpace is an equal opportunity employer & values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.