Squarespace is equally defined by its products & the advertising campaigns that promote & explain them. From the iconic Emmy award-winning John Malkovich work, to last years Super Bowl ad featuring Winona Ryder, creating buzzy & beautifully designed communications is a top priority.
As we continue to build our in-house creative team, were looking for a senior advertising copywriter who is strategically & conceptually strong, fluent in their craft & able to work across a wide range of deliverables including TV, print, radio, out of home, social, digital, partnerships & events.
This role will report to the Senior Campaigns Manager in our New York headquarters. A portfolio of relevant work is required to be considered.
- Develop & execute creative concepts for Squarespace brand campaigns by taking a marketing brief/strategic initiative & telling a story that ties back to a larger business goal in a beautiful, compelling way.
- Collaborate heavily with other Art Directors, Copywriters, & Designers to build a visual world for something & determine how it can live across multiple platforms/media.
- Write headlines, scripts, etc. in the Squarespace voice that push the brand forward.
- Have a POV on production trends & directors/production partners.
- Become knowledgeable of the Squarespace product as campaigns work includes product launches.
- 5+ years of experience as an advertising copywriter at agencies, studios or in-house.
- A portfolio that shows strong strategic & conceptual campaign thinking applied across a range of deliverables, including TV/video.
- Impeccable writing craft.
- Ability to create compelling presentations & sell work to stakeholders.
- Broad awareness of trends in culture & technology.
- Experience running productions & partnering with directors, photographers, motion designers & illustrators.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 1,000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.