Nexthink is the global leader in digital employee experience management. Our products allow enterprises to create highly productive digital workplaces for their employees by delivering optimal end-user experiences. Through a unique combination of real-time analytics, automation & employee feedback, Nexthink gives IT teams the insight they need to empower & even delight people at work.
Headquartered in Switzerland with US headquarters in Boston, Nexthink also has offices in France, UK, Germany, Spain & UAE. Our growing team of Nexthinkers is proud to be making the digital work lives of nearly ten million employees across 1,000 customers more productive.
At Nexthink, we believe actions are stronger than words when it comes to diversity, inclusivity, & equity in the workplace. Nexthinkers are multinational & multilingual, & come from all walks of life. We are committed to hiring a genuinely representative workforce that can create solutions & foster innovation for the modern digital employee experience. Join us today!
You have experience with latest technologies & cloud native architectures? Does micro services, Kubernetes, Istio,Quarkus, Micronaut,gRPC,CockroachDBappeal to you?You have implemented & deployed complex cloud native applications to AWS, Azure or GCP?Then continue reading, you are at the right place!
We are looking actively for aSeniorSoftware Architectfor our Cloud native stack, reporting to the Lead Architect. You will play a very important role in buildingour next generationNexthink product. You will drive & design our big data & cloud native architecture & making it become a success for our producttogetherwith our engineering teams.
You will need to shake habits, to coachandmentor other architects & engineers, andwiththe Lead Architect, manage the need of multiple teams & stakeholders to provide the best platform design & overall architecture for the product. You will work on its design, help to prototype it & setup the principles, guidelines & governance to ensure our teams can deliver this new architecture.In more details, this will imply:
With the Lead Architect & tech leads, define & maintain the overall product architecture
- Given the architecture strategy related to our big data, analytics & cloud native product vision, work on the concrete architecture design & when necessary, prototype it
- Help define principlesand guidelines,ensuringthey are followed by our engineering teams
- Help the product team by defining non-functional requirements
- Maintain the technology stack & related roadmap,validatingtechnologicalchoicesthrough prototypes
Setup proper architecture documentation & governance:
- Help with communication ofthearchitecture updates & decisions
- Manage & resolvedifferent needsbetweentheglobalarchitecturedirection & teams/business needs
- Provide architecture coaching & mentoring with the engineering teams' tech leads
- Ensure that it fits the engineering teams' agile development practices
Support the Product teamand the Lead Architectin:
- Explaining clearly the advantages of using one technology versus the other, in the context of the overall product architecture
- Help them to define new features in the light of the architecture principles
Support the product ownership of the technical platform team:
- Gather requirements from Engineering Managers & Product Managers & transform them into User Stories so the platform team can adapt and/or evolve the architecture accordingly
- Ensure that the platform team has clear objectives & requirements to work without change of direction
- Work closely with the Engineering Managers & other Product Managers to understand their needs & incorporate them into the roadmap
- Excellent track record in designing highly scalable cloudnative architectures & having put them in production
- Proven experience(10+ years)in software architecture & design
- Experience on stakeholder management on IT products. Dealing with technical people & being able to translate low level requirements into readable & understandable User Stories
- MSc in Computer Science(we are opened toself-madewoman/manas well)
- Very strong communication skills, teamwork & collaboration is part of your DNA
- Proficient English communications, French is a plus
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a fast-growing, successful & innovative company. Nexthink allows you to thrive in a unique work environment where the emphasis is on excellence, innovation, openness & collaboration.