BuzzFeed is looking for a smart, detail-oriented person to serve as a Finance Associate. This person will be responsible for supporting the companys FP&A requirements across multiple divisions. Responsibilities will include owning FP&A models, supporting analysis for long-term planning options, tracking key business operational metrics & producing monthly financial/operational reports.
Beyond the traditional FP&A needs, this role will require strong organizational skills to help manage the departments expenses, guide discussions with senior managers across the division & evaluate/implement strategic operational projects for top management. This is a dynamic role that serves the finance department. This person will report to a Director & will routinely interface with BuzzFeeds top management. This is an ideal position for an individual who has gained strong finance experience at an investment bank or accounting firm & now seeks to apply those skills to a fast-growing entrepreneurial company.
- Create analyses that guide financial strategic decisions, including but not limited to the ability to forecast & pace revenue to highlight areas of risk & opportunity & optimize costs
- Lead & support ad-hoc strategic analyses, developing key insights that support business initiatives
- Evaluate & develop business cases in support of new product launches
- Help establish actionable, operating metrics & reports; track & analyze key business drivers, macro & micro market trends, & operating metrics
- Review & own the budgets & forecasts across multiple divisions & support their strategic planning processes
- Strong quantitative & excel financial modeling skills & understanding of financial statements & quantitative performance metrics
- 4+ years work experience
- Ability to communicate with Senior Leadership & influence & guide change through value added input
- High level of attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, & ability to handle & prioritize multiple work streams while making sure all analysis is error free
- Ability to manage analysts & associated day to day responsibilities
Life at BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed strongly believes that the more diverse our team, the better our work will be. BuzzFeed is committed to equal opportunity employment & celebrates inclusion in all circumstances. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
Opportunities for growth & development via work experience & offerings from our in-house Learning Team
Employee resource groups, frequent in-office events, volunteer opportunities, & more
An attractive compensation package, including salary & equity
A generous & well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO & unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more
No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA & NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media & tech company delivering news & entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world & more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, & more. We value a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, & hard work (fused with fun). At BuzzFeed, youll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools & create content that helps connect people all over the world.