Lyft is looking for a proven, passionate leader who wants to change the future of cities & transportation by joining our Central Operations team for Lyfts Bikes & Scooters (LBS).
The Central Operations team is the epicenter of operational excellence, focused on process improvements, step change unlocks to our efficiency & cost structure, as well insuring the proper features are being designed for our users. In this role, you will work together with product & operations orgs to identify product problems & opportunities, prioritize them on the product roadmap, & facilitate bi-directional communication between local operations teams & the product team related to the roll out & support of Bikes & Scooters products.
The Central Operations Manager, is a bold thinker with an entrepreneurial spirit who is not afraid to take risks. You are able to make decisions quickly based on limited data, & able to execute with limited resources - you are scrappy & resourceful. You love getting your hands dirty & staying close to our front line operations in order to deeply understand the business. You may shadow a shift in the warehouse to understand labor utilization, or deploy scooters in the field one afternoon to learn what our problems our drivers encounter. You are able to take these on-the-ground insights from the front line & craft clear problems & solutions to improve our operations.
- Build the infrastructure to scale operations from ~5 markets to ~50 markets, & 10x the number of scooters in each market
- Scope the impact of potential product features, bugs & key product decisions
- Gather input from local operations teams to drive the product roadmap & bring the voice of ops to the product development process
- Understand & advise on cross-functional implications of products & features
- Support local operations teams with any product-related questions and/or concerns
Experience & Skills:
- 6+ years of experience; including direct experience in operations
- People management experience
- Proven track record of scrappiness
- A passion for operations & operational improvement
- Experience working cross functionally particularly with product teams
- Creative problem solving & ability to work quickly & iteratively
- A passion for numbers - you solve seeing the quantitative impact of your work
- Process orientation with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.