What is the position?
At Oscar, we are working hard to provide the kind of health insurance we would want for ourselves. Our team uses a data-driven approach to build the network of providers, facilities & hospitals that are core to Oscars product, & help navigate our members through it.
The Vendor Partnerships team is responsible for managing Oscars operations & relationships with its key network vendors - third party organizations to which Oscar delegates network & other administrative functions. As a Director, you will be responsible for scaling Oscars network vendor operations & driving performance & innovation across a portfolio of network vendors. Your key responsibilities will include overseeing vendor operations & strategy, managing high-level relationships with partners & leading a team of Vendor Managers.
Some examples of initiatives youll take on include:
- Own the operational performance of all network vendor accounts & be held accountable for the health of your business
- Improve processes between your partners & relevant internal stakeholders & develop robust feedback loops
- Serve as the chief subject matter expert on vendor portfolio & a key stakeholder in the vendor partner selection & expansion process
- Strengthen relationships with vendor partner leadership & lead high level contract negotiations
- Manage & develop a team of All Star Vendor Managers
- Work collaboratively with other leaders to further develop & scale Oscars Network Partnerships operations
Must-have qualifications include:
- 8+ years of work experience in the healthcare industry in a client-facing or operational leadership role
- Excellent leadership & communication skills to drive results across a wide range of initiatives & stakeholders
- Strong operational experience & demonstrated ability owning & scaling a business unit to gain efficiencies
- Outstanding critical thinking & ability to present information in a structured manner for senior leaders
- Demonstrated ability to build external relationships & hold partners accountable
- Strong sense of urgency, a bias for action & ability to thrive in fast paced environments
- Ability to work well with cross functional teams as Oscars vendors touch virtually every part of the business
The following will be helpful, but are not essential
- Ability to manage complex projects across the organization
- Experience developing, motivating, & growing a team
- Experience managing rental networks or care delivery vendors
- Experience with formulating build or buy decisions, managing an RFP process & negotiating contracts
- An understanding of the payer regulatory environment
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background & perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.