Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about creating experiences that our customers will love.
We are looking for a Capacity Planner to help ensure DigitalOcean has sufficient capacity in all the right Data Centers at the right times for our customers. Reporting to the Manager, Capacity Planning, this individual will be forecasting demand trends, analyzing & modeling data to enhance operational efficiency as new products & hardware architecture initiatives are rolled out.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Support the data requirements of the Capacity Planning team by enhancing & maintaining the Capacity Planning database
- Identify capacity-related concerns & proactively work with systems, network, & engineering teams to develop measurements & discover resolutions
- Create a Plan of Record using in-house developed modeling tools to find the right balance between data center resources & investments to meet revenue producing demand forecasts
- Help build capacity planning tools & work with cross-functional teams to deliver timely & accurate forecasts
- Ensure capacity constraints & assumptions are identified, tracked, & communicated
- Develop data pipeline requirements with data analytics teams to support historical data tracking, dashboard & reporting, key metrics, & daily demand analysis across all product lines
- Analyze how hardware architecture & product changes impact capacity & provide feedback to teams & upper level management
- Participate in ongoing capacity planning data analyses & perform custom analysis as special situations arise
What Well Expect From You:
- You like data & wrangling data
- You are well versed with data structures, have strong SQL skills, & are comfortable designing & modifying tables in a live database supporting other users.
- You have a background in performance management, systems administration or capacity planning
- You have experience communicating & collaborating across the entire organization including engineering, sales, finance & program management.
- Skilled at data visualization
- You have experience with programming in Python, Perl, R or Julia with a data science emphasis.
- Linear Programming optimization or discrete event simulation experience is desirable.
- BS or MS in Engineering, Computer Science or Mathematics will be given preference
- You have strong analytical & communication skills, a risk mitigation mindset & exhibit appropriate levels of urgency
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, & other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We care about your physical, financial & mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge & Palo Alto, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices & meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Department: Infrastructure #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Infrastructure team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!