To power critical decisions in healthcare with data science-driven technology
The Aetion Evidence Platform is the leading software solution for evaluating the safety, effectiveness & value of medications. We partner with global life sciences customers to improve time-to-market for medications, enhance market access, expedite interactions with the FDA, & contracts with payers. When partnering with payers, we identify precise therapies improve patient outcomes at lower cost. Our technology & team propel the transformation of health care into a value-based system built on trust of shared data-based evidence.
Our Principal Backend Engineer is a critical leader to our Engineering organization. As a member of a small, but rapidly expanding organization you will need to be able to cross boundaries easily & work collegiately with highly effective individuals. You will be a lead to our team working on a technical stack which includes both cloud & on-premise deployments, big-data ingestion & analytics, distributed systems & algorithmic complexity.
This role is expected to contribute to all parts of the software development & deployment lifecycle, including design, development, documentation, testing & operations. You will be working in a multi-tenant, service-oriented architecture & launching services/microservices from the ground up.
The following skill sets provide a good foundation for a quick ramp up to being productive in our Java, Linux & cloud-based environment.
- Work on a full-stack rapid-cycle analytic application
- Responsible for developing highly performant & scalable components that are able to handle large amounts of data (10+ million patients)
- Help develop a distributed system with concurrent access & usage patterns
- Work closely with our product team & science team to understand the needs of our clients
- 10+ years experience delivering highly scalable, fault tolerant, supportable & customer facing solutions
- Significant cloud platform experience, preferably with AWS
- Expert level Java
- Strong unix & scripting skills
- Experience building systems with large data sets
- Leadership with a vision Aetion is a diverse workforce of scientific thought leaders & technological innovators coming together with a vision to dramatically improve the Healthcare industry. Aetion supports & maintains a presence in organizations such as ISPOR, ISPE, ASHP, & HIMSS.
- Socialized & Energetic Offices We are in a new office with a modern layout, a giant kitchen & eating/social area. We have an open floor plan with an abundance of conference rooms, designed for impromptu collaboration, company gatherings, & industry Meetups & events.
- Ideal Location We are located in the heart of Boston with great views of the city, ample restaurants, cafes, bars, lodging, & shopping. Within ten minutes walking distance of South & North Station Commuter Rails, Logan International Airport, & the beautiful Post Office Square & Boston Public Garden, our office is easily accessible by mass transportation.
- Great Perks We offer competitive salaries, top of the line benefits, company ownership stock options, ample vacation, 401(k) match & daily lunch provision.
- Aetion is an equal opportunity employer committed to establishing a diverse workforce.