Were one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because were building a better way to get home & our customers love it. By combining the technology people expect with a seamless customer service experience, were making homeownership so simple it feels magical.
In 2018 alone, weve helped over 10,000 families get home, saving them on average $3,500 in upfront fees & days of stress-filled time.
Our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech & finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank & others have invested over $85MM in Better & our vision of making homeownership magical.
A Better opportunity:
Marketplace Development sits within the Capital Markets team at Better. This team is the revenue generation engine for the company & is deeply involved in strategic decision making, particularly in the form of discovering & implementing new loan programs.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial & strategic thinker to help develop & maintain our pricing & eligibility systems. These systems are a core component of Better.com, touching each loan hundreds of times during the process. The Marketplace Development Associate will work alongside our Director of Capital Markets & our Product Management team to optimize this system, which sorts through tens of thousands of rules in order to match borrowers with the best-priced, most appropriate product.
Responsibilities will include:
- Being a builder: Do you get excited about learning complex systems, & even more excited at the thought of building one?
- Monitoring & optimizing: Can you implement checks & balances to make sure a system consistently arrives at the right outcome?
- Getting into the weeds: Are you willing to develop deep subject matter expertise in mortgage rules & regulations to build a compliant system?
- Scaling yourself & your role: Lets work our way to a future state where our systems make the eligibility decisions for us.
- You are analytical, logical, & able to synthesize disorganized data into concise frameworks.
- You have a background in engineering (software or otherwise) or finance.
- You have some exposure (side projects count!) to working with APIs, & understand how software can communicate with other software.
- You are energized by fast-paced environments & are able to maintain composure when faced with ambiguity.
Things We Value:
- Curiosity.Why? How? Repeat.
- Market Savvy.Financial news & trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness.No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion.If you dont get excited about homeownership, mortgages, & real estate, it simply wont work.
- Smarts: book & street.We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy & Compassion.You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication.Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you dont understand?
- Building.Doing. Making.Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking & talking to figure this stuff out, but you cant wait to leave the conversation & build it.