Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring an Operations Analyst to join our Insurance Operations team.
Oscar is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform & a focus on serving our members. We started Oscar in 2012 to create the kind of health insurance company we would want for ourselvesone that behaves like a doctor in the family.
About the role
You will support design, testing & implementation of data & technical solutions with a focus on creating efficiency & scale through technology & automation of Oscar's infrastructure & underlying logic for core insurance functions. You will become familiar with Oscar's infrastructure, underlying logic, & data models, & work on requirements/rules that support our needs. You will work on opportunities for technology enablement, by applying technical skills to support build/implementation of solutions to address operational challenges across the core insurance functions.
You will report to the Senior Operations Manager. This is a hybrid role, & you will work part of the time in the New York City office & part of the time working remotely.
- Support the development to production lifecycle of new tools & features (or enhance existing), to allow operational efficiencies, improve quality, & contribute to Oscar's regulatory or strategic need
- Familiar with development tools & the infrastructure with which they work
- Have a working familiarity with at least one Oscar-supported programming language & can use it to automate tasks
- Develop technical solutions in response to requirements from partners re: new product & market expansions, automated workflows to reduce manual work requirements, new/improved tooling, & data quality/integrity needs
- Write code that may require verification of correctness; capable of production code changes with oversight
- Identify approaches to debug technical issues
- Understanding of the operations ecosystem, technology & data models & its current strengths, weaknesses, & gaps.
- Catches, responds to & resolves issues/errors/escalations through investigation of cause to produce insights for short/medium/long-term technology-enabled solutions
- Lead iterative problem definition & scoping, process design, & implementation of multiple projects in close collaboration with business & technical teams across Oscar
- Support urgent operational needs through on-call rotation; work on actions to resolve of production issues
- Independently manage month-to-month deadlines, balancing urgency against importance while supporting longer-term process design roadmaps
- 2+ years experience in a technical role (QA analyst, PM, operations analyst, finance, consulting, or industrial engineering)
- 2+ years of experience in SQL or similar database language
- 2+ years experience supporting process / workflow building, operational improvement, or project management
- Experience with analytics
- A bachelor's degree or commensurate experience holding operational roles
- An academic or professional background in coding, math, statistics, or data science
- Startup experience
- Experience in the healthcare or health insurance industry
- Experience experimenting & iterating on ways to solve a problem & presenting information to senior leaders
Life at Oscar
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant's disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.