GitHub helps companies & organizations succeed by allowing them to build better software, together. We're looking for Enterprise Sales Managers to work with our largest prospects & new customers to build great relationships, help them to learn about GitHub & our products & facilitate the buying process. We care about customer success & customer service, & we're extremely passionate about the quality of our work. The ideal candidate will have the aptitude & passion to become a master of GitHubs product capabilities, underlying technology, & competitive advantages. We are looking for Enterprise Sales Managers in all of GitHubs geographical selling markets. The role will report to the Director of Enterprise Sales.
- New business strategic selling. Develop plans & resource requirements to close new business within GitHubs Enterprise prospect market segment & then grow those accounts rapidly within the first 12 months by providing new account services for customer & company success. Provide accurate forecasting for deals & quarterly revenue. Be the primary interface for new prospects & customers.
- Risk Management. Identify risk & be decisive to ensure any risk is mitigated.
- Network building. Identify the right customer stakeholders & build connections quickly to drive consensus for deals; work cooperatively with a wide range of internal stakeholders for deal success. Build a solid network at GitHub & within customer & prospect accounts to ensure successful deal conversion. Work cross-functionally with technical product management, engineering, support, technical sales & professional services to demonstrate the value of GitHub and, in turn, help close business & ensure new customer success.
- Manage by influence. Be a consensus builder inside GitHub & within customer & prospect accounts to ensure mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Understand GitHub products & solutions. Understand how we enable customers to be successful with our products & services to help them be innovation leaders. Teach customers about their industries & offer unique insights to encourage customers to think differently about their business & discover the true value of working with GitHub. Sell value & provide real ROI analysis with our products & services for prospects & new customers. Work programmatically with prospects & new customers on a set of metrics to show them how to improve their business by properly using GitHub products & services.
- Effective communicator & presenter.Present strategic ideas to small & large groups of customers, work off script & answer questions & challenges in live settings with key prospects, new customers & partners.
- Deal process, objection handling & driving momentum. Map out prospect buying processes, help new buyers navigate deals to close, & identify deal stakeholders (including mobilizers & blockers) in order to drive deal momentum to close. Independently & collaboratively strategize for solving deal-level challenges.
- Solve problems & hypothesize possible customer pain points, expectations, & implicit needs; brainstorm with team members to devise solutions to solve complex deal challenges.
- 5-10 years of successful sales experience.
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding quota while winning new customer business.
- Demonstrates a strong customer orientation, dedication, & passion for delivering a great customer experience.
- Ability to assess customer needs.
- Strong presentation skills & the ability to engage audiences.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Collaborative & team oriented.
- Interest in Git & GitHub.
- Strong technical aptitude & the ability to become deeply fluent in the GitHub's technology & the industry.
- Consistent track record of aligning multiple resources to align with customer objectives.
- Willingness to travel approximately 40%.
- High energy & positive attitude.
- Ability to take initiative.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced & dynamic environment.
- Flexible (ability to work across different time zones) & able to think quickly.
- Willing to go the extra mile with a strong work ethic; self-directed & resourceful.
- Selling subscription based licenses.
- Experience using salesforce.com CRM.
- Experience leveraging the CEB Challenger framework.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. Over 40 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 100 million repositories. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, to create the worlds most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come togetheras individuals & in teamsto create the future of software & make a difference in the world.
- Customer Obsessed
- Trust by Default
- Ship to Learn
- Own the Outcome
- Growth Mindset
- Global Product, Global Team
- Anything is Possible
- Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, & create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe.
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused & creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds & lifestyles. We embrace diversity & invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.