The Security Engineer role is part of the Information security team, specifically working with the engineering tooling/architecture team. They will be responsible for creating, implementing, & monitoring critical security infrastructure that support day to day security operations. This includes:
- Maintenance of key security endpoint agents
- Managing policies & configuration management across various endpoints, network, & cloud assets & architectures
- Ensuring custom content & controls for the platform are tested & up to date
- Rapid development & deployment of content to control & monitor cloud environments with industry standard DevOps tools
What you'll do:
- Design & implement Python based tools & scripts to solve complex problems
- Use modern DevOps tools to automate integration & deployment of solutions
- Design & implement Cloud based configuration & control mechanisms
- Improve design, efficiency, & speed of existing tools
- Design, implement & monitor health of security solutions, including endpoint agent health
- Work with different operating systems, including Windows, Mac & Linux
- Administer policy configuration for networking & endpoint security controls
- Improve & iterate on our ability to filter, manage, & respond to vulnerabilities in an automated fashion
Were looking for someone with:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, IT or other relevant degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of IT administration or Security engineering experience
- Must have experience writing Python code with solid object oriented fundamentals
- Experience using modern CI/CD pipelines & tools for rapid integration & deployment of code
- Experience writing & maintaining cloud architecture as code (AWS preferred)
- System administration experience with at least one major operating system (Mac or Linux required)
- Solid security knowledge competencies, such as system hardening & vulnerability management & remediation
- Firm understanding of networking basics, including TCP/IP & layer 7 protocols
- Policy configuration & implementation for networking & endpoint security controls
At Tanium, we offer a proven platform for endpoint visibility & control that transforms how the world's largest & most sophisticated organizations manage & secure their computing devices with unparalleled speed & agility. Theres a reason why more than half of the Fortune 100, top retailers & financial institutions, & four branches of the US Armed Forces rely on Tanium.
Our unstoppable spirit, drive to do the right thing & win as a team attitude has earned us the rank of 7th on the Forbes list of Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing for 2019 & 10th on FORTUNEs list of the 100 Best Medium Workplaces.
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, & diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises & governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives & by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world & its imperative that the diversity of our customers & communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse & inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed & grow because we know that only together can we do great things.
At Tanium, we take care of our employees & their communities with things like 5 days of Volunteer Time Off.