Who We Are:
We are Dataminr. We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of AI, public data, & real-time information as a force for good in the world. Over the last decade, our team has established & refined the leading AI platform for real-time event & risk detection. We surface the earliest signals of unfolding events & emerging risks within an increasingly diverse & complex landscape of publicly available information, enabling more effective risk mitigation strategies, faster response, & better crisis management. Dataminr serves thousands of professionals in 70+ countries by delivering timely, relevant, & actionable alerts to public & private sector organizations around the world.
Weve grown to over 500 talented employees across seven global offices & raised $392 million in funding in our most recent investment round. Our culture promotes cross-team interaction, work-life balance & the sharing of information & ideas because it enables us to do our best work together, make a meaningful contribution, & have fun. Join us & help the world manage risk in real time.
You are a highly motivated self-starter & problem solver interested in the intersection of business, technology, & current events. You are innovative & adaptable, with the ability to balance multiple projects at the same time. You have an analytical mindset & are excited to support Dataminrs strategic growth & operations.
You will assist Dataminrs Analysis team in drawing insights to inform strategic & operational decisions. You will work with large amounts of data & develop models, conduct research to inform decision making, & convey strategic insights. You will play a critical role in exciting initiatives to make the organization more successful.
About the Role:
- Build high-visibility documents, including executive- & client-facing presentations & reports
- Drive insights through data analysis, reporting, & visualization
- Assist in development & execution of key strategic, operational, & analytical initiatives
- Complete ad-hoc business & research requests (e.g., explore new data sources, providing analytical support for key business decisions)
- Collaborate with cross-functional team of domain experts, product managers, & engineers
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Completing a 4-year undergraduate degree from a top tier university, preferably in Economics, Finance, Computer Science, Data Analytics, or related fields
- Demonstrated experience with analytical & presentation tools (e.g., Microsoft Excel/PowerPoint, Google Sheets/Slides)
- Experience with, or a willingness to explore, business intelligence tools (e.g., Tableau, Looker)
- High attention to detail & strong time management skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively within a team
- Ability to work in a dynamic & fast-paced environment
- Experience in analytical languages a plus (e.g., SQL, Python)
- Daily catered meal
- Stocked pantry with snacks & beverages
- Exclusive access to Dataminr application
Dataminr is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.