Company Description|Job Description
Tradeshift is disrupting a stale e-invoicing, procure to pay, & financial solutions market. We are connecting companies of all sizes & providing them with the platform & network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, & workflow. Tradeshift is redefining an enterprise space that has seen little change in many years. We recognize that business is messy & business is social. Understanding these two facts drives the development of Tradeshift - a platform for all your business interactions.
About The Team
On the Go team, you'll be working with a group of engineers & product specialists that are fast moving & tasked with building the foundations for great financing apps & prototyping simple user experiences. You'll have the opportunity to build software that makes lending solutions more collaborative & useful for large number of buyers & sellers on our network. Engineers on the financial services team influence business-to-business payments, introduce entirely new banking models, enable smoother global commerce by removing complexities involved in the cross border transactions, & deliver pivotal software infrastructure to enable these concepts. Our focus is making financing accessible to businesses.
- Design/Launch Financial Services, building APIs via micro services & tools
- Develop high quality code while articulating your designs, decisions within team & engineering as a whole
- Adapt to fast pace business by shipping products on time that affect bottomline
- Collaborate within & other teams of Tradeshift engineering globally
- Leverage technologies/frameworks like Spring, Postgres, Redis, Akka & AWS platform services
- Work on projects in Java and/or Scala
- Independently operate with minimal oversight
- 5+ years of practical experience in a technical environment
- Software development experience Java (Spring, Hibernate) & Scala
- Experience in distributed software engineering including but not limited to Akka
- Experience with debugging & troubleshooting complex operational problems involving more than one AWS availability zones
- Skills in working with data persistence (schema design, optimization) in all forms (relational, noSQL, in-memory, COLUMNAR, etc.)
- Understanding of developer pipeline (CI/CD, automated testing techniques, automated configuration management, etc.)
- MS degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience with event-sourced services & architectures in the financial industry
Our culture was formed from day one when three Danes poured their heart & soul into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their job at Tradeshift with the same amount of pride & passion & embody the Tradeshift culture that makes us the best company in history.
Shifters come from various backgrounds & nations, & we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, & welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Career & professional development opportunities
- Flexible hours & vacation policy
- Supplemented cell phone plan
- Lunch provided daily from local SF eateries & snacks
- Fully paid 6 months parental leave
- A competitive compensation package + equity
- 100% covered medical, dental & vision benefits
- Life, short & long-term disability insurance
- Wellness & volunteer Programs
- Fun company events like happy hours, outings & much more!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.