Squarespace is looking for experienced software engineers to join our Internationalization Platform engineering team. Internationalization Platform is the engineering owner for internationalization efforts across all Squarespace products & engineering teams. We manage the foundational building blocks that allow product engineers to create localized interfaces, & our ownership includes a suite of internal code-libraries, platform applications, & the development of user-facing features.
Our primary goal is to delight our international customers by empowering Product Engineering teams. As a Senior Software Engineer on a growing & business-critical team, you will work with engineering teammates & cross-functional partners to scope & implement improvements to our International platforms & products. Responsibilities for our team include:
- Implementing changes within codebases we didn't build & don't own, & leaving them better than we found them
- Defining & advocating for internationalization best practices across the organization
- Scoping future requirements for the internationalization platform & products in response to coworker & customer feedback & behavior
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices & provides flexibility for our employees.
- Ship well tested, idiomatic code to production, across code libraries, application code & microservices
- Set boundaries, priority & milestones around technical problems of wide scope
- Actively participate in technical discussions & code review
- Be comfortable ramping up on both legacy & modern technologies to accomplish outcomes
- Mentor teammates & colleagues across a spectrum of seniority
- Maintain a kind, collaborative, & psychologically safe working environment
- 5+ years industry experience shipping web applications across large codebases with many contributors
- Experience as a Product Engineer or writing developer tooling & libraries used by Product Engineering teams
- International experience is not required but a plus
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Los Angeles & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.