KATERRA exists to help transform construction through technology - every process & every product.
We provided end-to-end building services, creating new efficiencies between design, engineering, construction, project management, & more. Our integrated teams apply the principles of technology & manufacturing to the building industry, bringing fresh minds & innovative approaches to remove unnecessary time & costs from construction projects.
At KATERRA, we lead from every seat. Our ideal team members are self-starters that embrace ambiguity, think big, & bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence.
One of KATERRA's cultural principles is Diversity.We believe different backgrounds, ideas, & skillsets result in better outcomes.KATERRA does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. KATERRA encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQIA, people with disabilities, veterans & those with diverse life experiences
The Communications Specialist is responsible for developing & executing internal & external communications initiatives to support Katerras business objectives. A strategic thinker, adept storyteller & confident doer, this individual will join a diverse team of creatives in the companys global marketing department. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, embraces change & promotes a positive, growth mindset.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists team in executing communications initiatives & campaigns to support company business objectives
- Produce messaging for external & internal audiences consistent with Katerras brand, cultural principles & company values
- Collaborate with various departments to identify story opportunities & draft content
- Manage monthly internal newsletter content & production schedule
- Produce content for company intranet & corresponding internal communications channels
- Pitch & manage earned media opportunities
- Develop external-facing content, including presentations, talking points, pitches, press releases, & blog posts, among others.
Required Skills & Experience
- Impeccable writing & editing skills, finessed verbal communicator, storyteller & presenter
- Ability to boil down complex language into clear, relevant messages tailored to diverse audiences
- Flexibility to evolve with various challenges & directions as new projects & initiatives unfold
- Comfortable working in a deadline-driven environment
- High level of professionalism, confidentiality & judgment
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail & ability to prioritize
- Competency in measuring the effectiveness of communication efforts to support data-driven decision making
- Self-starter, with a growth mindset
- Disciplined work ethic, calm under pressure, & great attitude
- 3+ years of communications experience. PR agency & startup experience are a plus.
- Proof of business, marketing & news writing; proficient in the AP Stylebook writing & editing standards
- Experience working with journalists & community influencers. Crisis communications experience is a plus.
- Experience problem solving & tackling problems with a creative mindset
- Applied knowledge of traditional communication tools & supporting technologies
- Proven track record of planning & executing communications plans & campaigns
- Experience working with visual design & production professionals
- Knowledge of todays news media landscape
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that KATERRA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, KATERRA will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, KATERRA explicitly reserves the right to pursue & hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of KATERRA.