AlphaSense is a search engine for market intelligence that transforms how decisions are made by the worlds leading corporations & financial institutions. Leveraging AI & NLP technology, AlphaSense enables knowledge professionals to extract insights in seconds from thousands of disparate data sources, including company filings, event transcripts, news & trade journals, & equity research. Founded in 2011 & backed by investors including Innovation Endeavors & Soros Fund Management, AlphaSense is on a mission to empower organizations to make data-driven decisions with confidence.
About the Team:
The AlphaSense Finance team is responsible for efficiently driving the creation of enterprise value by supporting capital allocation decisions across the business. We exist to help the company make intelligent, data-driven decisions through financial analysis; scenario modeling; tracking, interpreting & disseminating key performance indicators; & by serving as a critical thought partner to senior leadership.
About the Role:
We are looking for a passionate, analytical, high-potential professional to assist in operational finance activities & support the VP of Strategic Finance & Director of FP&A in building out the FP&A function. Collaborating across multiple functions, this individual will possess advanced financial modeling skills & will be relied upon to provide accurate reporting for recurring deliverables as well as firm-wide strategic initiatives & support leadership in building processes that will scale with the companys growth.
Who You Are:
- Well versed in financial modeling: You have 1-3+ years experience in FP&A, corporate finance, financial strategy/operations, or a closely related field. You possess the ability to identify key model drivers & build 3-statement financial models, as well as operational models to forecast the future with accuracy. Youve also demonstrated success in having a fundamental understanding of the FP&A process, accounting principles, & how to navigate typical scenarios that come up in managing to budget/forecast.
- Collaborative: You strive to partner across the organization to help add value to the business wherever possible. You are a trusted advisor with exceptional communication skills.
- Entrepreneurial: Were looking for someone who thrives in a dynamic & fast-paced environment where you may wear multiple hats as a financial model guru, internal consultant, & business strategist.
- Data-driven & Know the Tools of the Trade: You are driven by metrics. Amongst your peers, youre the Microsoft Excel expert. You know the ins & outs of Excel & can build models & conduct deep analysis. Were also utilizing Adaptive Insights & Looker -- if youve worked with all of these tools, we want to hear from you!
What Youll Do:
- Maintain ownership of sales / revenue updates in the companys financial model
- Adaptive Insights implementation & maintenance
- Assist with rollout of standardized reporting across company / partner with Business Intelligence team on KPI reporting
- Assist in operationalizing gross margin reporting using Adaptive Insights & Looker
- Board material consolidation
- IPO preparation including S-1 drafting & investor presentations