Company Description|Job Description
We are Behaviour Interactive, a passionate & talented Montreal-based company of game makers who create top tier interactive experiences on all leading platforms. We work with the world's most renowned
brands & develop our own, including the award winning Dead by Daylight. We have a passion for development & commitment to allowing creativity to thrive that always puts our players first. We constantly strive to challenge convention through innovation in design, technology, live operations, & visual styling.
With 25 successful years of being a proudly independent Canadian company, we continue to treat our staff with respect & continually foster a working environment that allows everyone to shine. We offer a great work-life balance, constant opportunities for growth & a fun & dynamic atmosphere.
We are seeking top talent to join our collaborative adventure. Join us to fulfill the needs of players everywhere, work on cutting edge tech, & create the best interactive experiences that the world has yet to see.
- Develop new server functionalities & maintain existing code base;
- Write specifications prior to new feature development;
- Diagnose & resolve problems to improve robustness;
- Collaborate closely with other programmers to provide services for the game server;
- Develop & perform functional & load testing;
- Optimize code, with consideration to the live & online aspect of the game;
- Perform routing code review for team members.
- Worked with Amazon Web Service technologies: EC2, RDS, Dynamo, S3, Elasticache;
- Developed Application servers using: Apache, Node.js, Tomcat, etc;
- Have strong relational & non relational database experience (DynamoDB, MongoDB, MySQL or other);
- Have strong data modeling experience with focus on performance & maintenance;
- Experience with load testing & with distributed load generators.
- Online game and/or MMO development experience;
- Development experience in a Unix environment;
- Experienced in TCP & UPD networking & creating highly reliable, scalable distributed server systems;
- Experience profiling & optimizing server systems (network, CPU, memory, IO);
- Experience with client / server development including security & network traffic management;
- Experience using ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ or other messaging systems;
- Use of Hadoop, Thrift, MapReduce and/or RESTful APIs.