Clover is reinventing health insurance by working to keep people healthier.
We don't just provide health insurancewe deliver healthcare that people deserve. The Actuarial team at Clover is made up of collaborative & strategic thinkers who are excited about the impact technology can have on healthcare. In this role, you will partner & help support a core area of responsibility for our Actuarial team.
As an Actuarial Analyst , you will:
- Guide aspects of the quarterly gross margin forecast (premiums & claims), annual budget, premium deficiency reserves, & earnings guidance for a Medicare Advantage Plan (Part C & Part D).
- Guide aspects of the development of annual & long term forecasts.
- Provide support to the rates & filings team during the annual MAPD bid process.
- Communicate analysis, findings, & supporting data in a manner that is meaningful to leaders & partnering teams.
- Help us build automated actuarial tools that allow for fast variation & iteration on answers to important questions.
- Participate in Clover's Actuarial Student Program.
You will love this job if:
- You are passionate about your career in actuarial science & want to demonstrate the value that actuaries can provide in a highly collaborative & cross-functional environment.
- You dream about ways to make the healthcare system more efficient & are excited about leveraging modern tools and techniques to do so.
- You are analytical & strategic & love working in a collaborative, transparent work environment.
- You want to make an impact. From project scope to priority to implementation, you'll make a difference on how decisions get made.
You should get in touch if:
- You have at least 3 years of experience in an Actuarial role within healthcare & have at least one year of Medicare Advantage experience.
- You have completed three or more actuarial exams.
- You have an interest in building automated tools around actuarial analysis.
- You have basic programming skills, such as SQL, SAS, R, or Python.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.
About Clover: We are reinventing health insurance by combining the power of data with human empathy to keep our members healthier. We believe the healthcare system is broken, so we've created custom software & analytics to empower our clinical staff to intervene & provide personalized care to the people who need it most.
We always put our members first, & our success as a team is measured by the quality of life of the people we serve. Those who work at Clover are passionate & mission-driven individuals with diverse areas of expertise, working together to solve the most complicated problem in the world: healthcare.
From Clovers inception, Diversity & Inclusion have always been key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer & our employees are people with different strengths, experiences & backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people's lives. Diversity not only includes race & gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion & many other parts of ones identity. All of our employees points of view are key to our success, & inclusion is everyone's responsibility.