Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The New Graduate Development Rotation Program (NGDP) is an 18-month program with three - six month rotations through Visa's functions. The NGDP program supports Visa's mission to build a strong entry level pipeline of talent with cross-functional knowledge & experience. Associates rotate through various parts of the business, including: Business Development, Product, & Client Services. In addition to meaningful rotations, Associates are given training & development, mentoring, networking & leadership exposure.
Visa's Product Team is responsible for all aspects of product strategy & development in consumer & business products that drive revenue growth for Visa. The team develops new channel solutions & technology support, builds alliances & solutions for new products, & is responsible for product analytics. Products include Visa's prepaid cards, Visa Signature, Verified by Visa, & others. The scope of the role is Sub-Saharan Africa & requires a level of interaction & collaboration with business & technical resources across the company, including digital development platform, network processing, client support services, risk, legal, & operations.
Responsibilities in this rotation may include:
- Adapt client-facing materials for specific client engagements.
- Perform Market research & competitor product analysis.
- Performing exploratory analysis & data mining on large datasets based on business hypothesis.
- Performing ad hoc analysis, business Intelligence requests & data extractions.
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders & clients to understand local requirements, adapt products as required & manage programs to establish & grow new product solutions
- Recommend improvements & enhancements to product capabilities to product managers in the product development stream to accelerate adoption with key stakeholders in key marketplaces/segments/regions
Business Development function. Responsibilities in this rotation may include:
- Prepare client facing discussion materials for meetings & other client engagements
- Work with Front-line Business Development Colleagues to propose options for solving client defined problem statements
- Engage multiple functional teams to contribute to the Front-line's preparation for client pitches, strategy days, Business reviews & feedback on live projects.
- Prepare internal documentation for approval submission for licensing, certification & other Visa service enablement.
- Research Visa Solutions to help find appropriate referenced content for use during internal awareness or client facing sessions.
- Prepare weekly or other periodic action list updates for portfolio's personal actions by due dates.
- Update sales pipelines in partnership with the Front-line leads on a timely basis with the required business & commercial information on Visa systems
- Regularly attend client session with Front-line leads to gain insights & understanding of the client needs, trends & associated Visa offerings that solve for these client needs.
- Build healthy internal relationships with the Solutions, Clients Services, Project, Marketing & other functional teams as teamwork in Visa is a key enabler.
- Analyze & review client revenue reports to assist & highlight portfolio leads with the trends in their portfolios.
- Participate in team events & social impact activities to contribute to Visa's impact in the local market.
Client Services function. Responsibilities in this rotation may include:
- Ensure operational support is provided to Clients in Sub Saharan Africa. Client queries cover a broad range of topics including Operating Regulations, settlement, VisaNet systems, testing requirements etc
- Serve as an escalation point for clients' day-to-day technical operational support of all VisaNet products, services, processing questions & issues.
- Maintain relationships with Clients to understand local market needs & trends & gain insight on the need to enhance the support approach provided.
- Coordinate with other Visa teams to expedite the resolution & implementation of solutions to ensure that all Visa products & services operate at the highest level of performance.
- Provide operational & technical support for service interruption events
- Provide customer support services during the implementation process. Provide regular client engagement & project status updates during the project implementation process by way of calls, meetings & emails.
- Project administration: Maintaining & updating project plans, archiving/storing project documentation & artefacts in VCSA, project tracking & reporting on overall project progress (to clients & internal teams), coordinating & tracking of internal VISA teams' project work streams, raising service requests to internal VISA teams & ensuring accurate project billing
- Support the Visa Business Development team & provide the appropriate parties with regular status reports on project progress
- Currently In a Bachelor's or Master's degree program (preferably but not limited to: Computer Science, Engineering, Commerce)
- Complete Qualification before January 2020 & full availability to start work from mid-January
- Minimum 3.0 or equivalent
- All majors are welcome to apply
- Excellent analytical abilities, intellectually curiosity & interest in finding new ways to do things
- Outstanding verbal & written communication skills
- Professional maturity, strong work ethic & the ability to be flexible & adaptable to changing business needs
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities in professional, academic, or volunteer environments
- A global mindset & ability to work in a diverse workplace.
- Ability to work constructively in teams, highly collaborative with a great attitude working on cross-functional teams where there may not be a direct reporting line.
- High energy level, performance oriented & passionate about customers, payment industry, & emerging technologies.
Applicants must apply to vi.sa/apply to be considered for this position.