Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
- Lead a team of personnel in design, software development, testing & support of the VIP system.
- Instill a culture that works toward the highest standards while ensuring that business requirements are understood & adhered to.
- Work closely with other VIP teams to help determine long-term technology strategy for areas of responsibility.
- Provide leadership & direction to ensure that strategic planning activities are given appropriate focus.
- Be an advocate for activities & practices that help to boost overall corporate financial health.
- Work closely with colleagues in other technology departments as well as the business & product offices to establish effective, productive business relationships; leverage these relationships in order to better understand global business & market drivers, as well as technology initiatives that affect the VIP area.
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD.
- Candidate must be able to establish & sustain effective software development & support practices that includes working with team members across multiple geographies.
- Good working knowledge of program & project management methodologies & the role of technology resources in support of those methodologies.
- Track record of managing the delivery of complex, multi-faceted technology initiatives.
- Solid understanding of software development methodology practices, & a proven history of deploying those practices to ensure successful execution against technology initiatives.
- 5 or more years of strong leadership skills, with recent experience leading a team & driving to results.
- Ability to establish & sustain effective, professional relationships with product & business managers; work closely with business partners in order to understand business drivers & market requirements.
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD.
- Experience with IBM's high availability, high volume TPF (Transaction Processing Facility) environment is highly preferred.
- Knowledge of card payment services processing is highly preferred.
- Undergraduate degree in computer sciences, electrical engineering, information systems or a related technical discipline is required; an advanced degree is preferred.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Incumbent must make themselves availableduring core business hours.This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 10% of the time.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.