WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at The Knot Worldwide, we believe in doing work that matters. In 15 countries around the world, our leading family of brands (The Knot, WeddingWire, Bodas, GigMasters, The Bump, How They Asked, Lasting, & more) inspire, inform, & celebrate our communities as they move through lifes milestones. From the proposal to creating a home, & starting a family together, were there for every step of the journey. Our couples & business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
The Knot Worldwide (TKWW) is looking for an Assistant Production Designer to contribute to our online wedding stationery collection. Our Assistant Production Designer will aide in building out Illustrator, Photoshop, & InDesign print files, plus create merchandising images from provided templates, & website production to get the designs live online. Additionally, this role entails some print design work, involving taking an existing wedding invitation style & applying those design elements to additional stationery items such as programs, labels, postcards & more. We are looking for individuals who are very detailed oriented, thrive in a fast pace, have a strong visual eye & impeccable design detail, excellent typography skills, & a background in writing.
This position will be based in Portland, OR.
- Accountable for maintaining an organized workflow & file management via organization & provided naming conventions
- Responsible for maintaining a dialogue with the team about workflow, expectations & progress
- Responsible for building out all design production files needed including Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop & InDesign
- Responsible for writing creative copy that describes our stationery product with smart usage of SEO keywords
- Responsible for adding products to our Drupal website; includes writing copy, creating & uploading merch images, & light coding
- Responsible for designing matching stationery items (approximately 15-20 products) in the branded style of an existing invitation & the production associated with those designs.
SUCCESSFUL ASSISTANT PRODUCTION DESIGNER CANDIDATES HAVE:
- Advanced knowledge of Illustrator & Photoshop & InDesign with experience in graphic design for print materials
- Excellent typography skills & graphic design experience - experience with stationery is a plus
- Copywriting experience
- Light coding experience/familiarity with JSON
- Basic knowledge & experience with CSS & HTML
- Strong commitment to timelines, accuracy, & professionalism
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal & written
- Demonstrate self-confidence, energy, & enthusiasm
- Familiarity with keyword placement & other SEO best practices a plus
At The Knot Worldwide, we believe you are more than a resume & invite you to go for it, take the leap of faith, & apply for this job if it sparks your passion to join TKWW & make a difference!
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You deeply understand our users & put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to serve & delight them every day.
- You are respectful & act with the highest integrity.
- You ask questions to understand a perspective & are comfortable respectfully challenging assumptions.
- You set clear ambitious goals. You anticipate obstacles, persevere, & are accountable for your commitments.
- You arent afraid to challenge the status quo & know that theres no such thing as failure if you learn from it.
- You seek out feedback & never settle in your quest to grow & develop. By being here, you make our company stronger.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
The Knot Worldwide offers a unique employee experience & we are deeply proud of our award-winning culture. From flexible vacation & generous parental leave benefits to promoting wellness & giving back to our community, we believe in happiness above all elsein & out of the office.
The Knot Worldwide provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, The Knot Worldwide complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. The Knot Worldwide expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
If you are a resident of California, by submitting your application, you acknowledge that youve read the California Privacy Notice.