As an integral part of our experienced engineering team you will coordinate the efforts around the full cycle of manual testing for our iOS, Android & web-based clients. The role involves testing strategy through the planning, creation & execution of tests. We would like you to be curious & detail-oriented, with high standards demonstrated by clear logging & verification.
With 4.5M daily active users, the Grindr app is constantly optimized & at the forefront of user functionality & features in the dating space.
This role is embedded directly with the engineering & product teams. You will work together & advocate for the highest quality standards in every release. We care a lot about what we do. We want you to do the same, & we encourage ideas & input around how product functionality can be improved.
- Learn & understand our software clients
- Partner closely with engineers & product team members to understand the feature roadmap & develop comprehensive testing plans with supporting test cases & schedule
- Use analysis of our member base to ensure proper platforms & devices are being tested against. Keep pace with changes in these areas
- Execute against testing plan, keeping clear defect logs & adding additional detail through verbal communication where necessary
- Introduce & maintain the use of defect, test-tracking & documentation tools
- Define KPIs & represent the quality of product in person at stand-ups & demos
- Work to make sure software engineers write tests that provide sufficient code coverage
- 2+ years of experience testing mobile & browser-based applications
- Experience with black box testing of native clients on mobile platforms (Android & iOS) both through the use of physical devices & simulators/emulators
- Knowledge & understanding of APIs & how to test APIs. Comfortable using tools to monitor communication between client & API
- Experience with tools to monitor network traffic from a mobile device.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills. You will be clearly articulating issues to team members of varying technical ability
- Familiarity and/or experience with automation framework like Selenium, Espresso, XCUITest or Appium is highly preferred
Why Work at Grindr?
Since 2009, Grindr has built the worlds largest social network for gay, bi, trans, & queer people. Now more than just an app, were a family of lifestyle brands with the shared mission to connect LGBTQ people with the world around them:
- Grindr The location-based social app that started it all. Over 3 million people use Grindr daily, from every country on the planet.
- INTO A video content platform dedicated to queer perspectives: news, culture, social, commentary, & more.
- Grindr for Equality (G4E) Our social mission to promote justice, health, & safety for LGBTQ individuals around the globe.
- Gaymoji A one-of-a-kind collection of over 500+ stickers available on iOS, Android, & in the Grindr app.
Behind the brands, Grindr is an inclusive & passionate family of thinkers, innovators, leaders, & most importantly, doers. Were fueled by endless curiosity, constant collaboration, & a knack for crossing every finish line all within an agile growth environment. We also enjoy tons of perks, great social events, & stunning views from our HQ in West Hollywood.
Benefits & Perks
- 100% covered medical, dental & vision insurance
- Generous Parental Leave
- Flexible Time Off Policy
- Competitive Salaries
- 401(k)- Matching
- Catered daily lunch
- Stocked kitchen
- Free on-site parking
- Casual dress environment
Grindr is an equal opportunity employer
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to Grindr without first entering into a written contract will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.