Vox Media employees thrive on innovation & change while ambitiously seeking to master their subject areas, hone their craft, & improve their communities. We help smart, talented, creative professionals make a meaningful impact in media, technology & the world around them. Vox Medias networks & businesses include SB Nation, Eater, The Verge, Vox, Curbed, Recode & Code Conferences, Polygon, Concert, Chorus, Vox Creative, Vox Entertainment, & the Vox Media Podcast Network.
The Associate IT Administrator serves as the primary contact for all Vox Media employee IT needs in our New York office & is responsible for making sure the people on our team have the tools they need to do incredible work. The Associate IT Administrator will work closely with staff & actively engage in the troubleshooting of everyday IT requests as they arise. The ideal candidate is expected to consistently provide excellent customer service to all employees & visitors to the Vox Media office. As Vox Media continues to grow, our Associate IT Administrator will play an essential role in enhancing the security & quality of Vox Medias IT infrastructure.
What youll do:
- Follow defined processes & procedures to resolve standard IT support issues
- Daily monitoring of support issues
- Mac (and some PC) helpdesk support
- Perform basic Google Suite account maintenance tasks
- Follow instructions to install office hardware & software
- Upgrade office equipment, hardware & software as instructed by Service Desk Manager
- Maintain phones/lines (hardware as well as VOIP cloud)
- Troubleshoot A/V equipment & video-conferencing software & escalate when necessary
- Assist with routine employee onboarding & offboarding tasks
- Maintain & provision IT assets such as laptops, mobile devices & servers
- Work with cross-functional teams to improve employee engagement
- Escalate issues to next level of support
What youll bring:
- Troubleshooting experience (hardware, software, network, A/V, etc)
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Attention to detail & documentation
Bonus points for:
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud and/or audio visual equipment
About working at Vox Media: This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefitsincluding flexible hours & generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees & to ensure that our healthcare & other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging & funand who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.