At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Flexdrive (FD) is a member of the Lyft family of companies. Our mission is to offer drivers diverse car rental options according to their needs. Flexdrive enables scale & structure for vehicle acquisition, lifetime value maximization & vehicle remarketing needs.
We are looking for an experienced finance professional who is passionate about the opportunity to develop Flexdrives finance operations. In this role, you will focus on Flexdrives core financial responsibilities including: financial reporting, cash management, vendor management, budgeting/forecasting & fleet management initiatives. In addition, this individual will build Flexdrives internal processes that will streamline financial reporting across multiple focus areas (vehicle acquisition, vehicle remarketing, salvaged vehicles, recoveries, & stolen vehicles). The ideal candidate for the role thrives in a fast-paced culture within a complex space, has a proven track record of working cross-functionally to drive results, & is willing to roll up their sleeves to convert ideas to action.
- Build/Validate complex financial models, for large scale fleet acquisition/pilot programs (e.g. buy vs. lease vehicle)
- Lead fleet planning & sharing between lines of business to determine the optimal point in the vehicle life cycle to transition vehicles
- Work with technical accounting to provide fleet related analysis such as quarterly residual value adjustments, impairment, etc.
- Provide accounting team with monthly loan/lease activity inputs
- Develop policies & procedures for operational efficiency
- Monitor & manage expenses within the established budget
- Develop operational initiatives to achieve financial goals.
- Act as the main point of contact for addressing any inquiries & questions related to Flexdrives financial operations.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a finance environment within a cross functional business organization (preferably in automotive/rental car industry)
- Previous experience designing & implementing financial processes that leads to program efficiencies
- Experience managing cash flow, vendor payments, producing weekly cash forecast
- Strong financial acumen including vehicle valuation forecasting, vehicle purchase analysis, vehicle life cycle management, & vehicle sales economic analysis
- Strong understanding of accounting & finance principles related to vehicle lifecycle impact to GAAP financials: Gain/loss, depreciation, carrying value, loan/lease liabilities, etc.
- Demonstrates communication, leadership, interpersonal, & problem-solving skills with leadership team
- Ability to write, speak, & present effectively & persuasively at all levels
- Strong analytical & organizational skills; ability to manage multiple high priority demands simultaneously; ability to achieve success in situations with high degrees of variation & complexity
- Operationally-focused, process-oriented, data-driven, & simply able to get stuff done
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive & diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state & local law.