Partner with the Business To Drive Financial Transparency & Drive Flexport Grow!
The Commercial Finance leader, & team, will play a strategic business partnership role to accelerate growth while inventing digital financial processes to enable scale. You will work side-by-side with our business leaders to identify & deliver creative opportunities & solutions to grow a multi-billion dollar technology company. The Commercial Finance role will function as a key member of the finance team & be responsible for providing decision support to senior management through ad hoc analysis, financial reviews, analysis & metrics. You will be responsible for identifying, monitoring & delivering companywide strategic initiatives. Come join a team that will Make global trade easy for everyone.
- Support business leaders on budgeting/forecasting, performance management, financial reporting, headcount management, reviews of key financial metrics, strategic decision making, business reviews, compensation, & ad hoc analysis of financial & operational metrics.
- Be an expert at building financial models & manipulating data to better understand the complex relationships in our business & evaluate the economic implications & trade-offs of various business actions. Recommend changes or develop frameworks that optimize for the overall health of the business, rather than any single KPI.
- Partner with leaders across the business to understand & evaluate key business drivers for sales & product investments.
- Develop ad-hoc reports & analysis to support strategic planning as needed
- Assist senior leadership around the company to identify strategic initiatives & coordinate projects to address these opportunities / risks.
- Strong problem-solving ability combined with impeccable business judgment & ability to communicate clearly & influence leadership teams.
- Organized, strategically focused, detail oriented, & able to deal with ambiguity in a constantly evolving environment.
You should have:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or related field
- 10+ years of relevant professional experience in fields like business strategy / analytics, business operations, business partnering, monetization, growth strategy, consulting, investment banking, or other analytically-intensive roles at either high-growth technology startups or well-established companies
- Exceptional analytical, mathematical, & problem-solving skills with proficient with MS Excel & PowerPoint
- High level of ownership of assigned tasks & independent initiative, where appropriate, to achieve exceptional results
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills with proven ability to interact with various management levels
- Technical Expertise, Adaptive Insights & NetSuite a plus
e believe trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers & their logistics partners with the technology & services to grow & innovate. Today, companies of all sizesfrom emerging brands to Fortune 500suse Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any logistics experience
Dont be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. Thats why its important to bring people from diverse backgrounds & experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. Thats why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated & engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating & nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical & mental disability, health status, marital & family status, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, military & veteran status, & any other characteristic protected by applicable law.