Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We deliver real-time, actionable alerts that are derived from vast amounts of publicly available data. Our groundbreaking AI-enabled platform cuts through the noise in an increasingly complex landscape by detecting, classifying, & determining the significance of public information. Our culture promotes cross team interaction, work-life balance & the sharing of information & ideas because it enables us to do our best work & have fun. We've grown to over 450 talented employees across six global offices,attained unicorn status after our recent investment round,and been referred to as the super tool of journalists & hedge funds."
We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of real-time information as a force for good in the world.
Who you are:
You're a skilled user experience & design leader with passion for creating a seamless, consistent & intuitive experience for your customers. You have a deep understanding of usability & interaction design & have a strong track record in taking business goals & successfully translating them into a world-class, inspiring user experience.
You're a team leader that loves thinking strategically but also loves to be hands-on. You're thoughtful & detail-oriented while maintaining an eye on overarching strategic objectives. You have a strong sense of urgency & thrive in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects & competing priorities. You're always on the lookout for new areas of opportunity beyond the current organizational thinking.
As our Head of User Experience, you'll lead a small team to create engaging web & mobile solutions for Dataminr's enterprise products. You'll lead the creation of wireframes, storyboards, high-fidelity mockups, UX testing plans & other supporting materials that serve as the guidelines for our designers & engineering teams to follow for project execution.
- Serve as lead for all user experience & design projects & ongoing experience optimization efforts including creation of information architecture, wireframes, personas & user journeys
- Translate business needs into user experience solutions that meet the needs of a complex, multi-product organization
- Establish & communicate effective design processes through a strong understanding of user-centered design techniques & best practices
- Define, operationalize & lead the business process for user research, & testing & survey methods into the work of the design team
- Drive an iterative approach to user interaction & experience in all stages of the product design & development lifecycle, including generative research, conception & definition, prototyping, UI design, & testing.
- Rapidly prototype new concepts, layouts & interaction models
- Develop feature design briefs, logic flows & screen wireframes within evolving technology, client demands & time constraints
- Maintain ongoing design excellence by incorporating user feedback into overall UI/UX design across products & verticals
- Assess all analytics available & present clear insights that drive actionable recommendations & positive business impact
- Partner with Product & Engineering teams to define roadmap, strategy & product definition
- Manage, motivate & develop a small team
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent; Advanced degree a plus
- 8-10+ years of progressive experience as a user experience leader with a heavy focus on UI & design production
- Extensive experience in interface design, research & new product development
- Strong understanding of UI & web production
- Strong understanding of web 2.0 & mobile technologies, CSS3, HTML5, & responsive web design
- Strong experience & mastery of design tools, platforms & versions of applicable software
- Demonstrated ability to drive designs that achieve business results
- Prior experience working effectively with engineering, product & marketing teams
Why you should work here:
We recognize & reward hard work with:
- Competitive compensation package including company equity.
- Paid benefits for employees & their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance
- 401 (k) savings plan with company matching.
- Flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking, & dependent care expenses.
We want you to be your best, authentic self & support you with:
- A diverse, driven, & passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed.
- Opportunities to own & drive critical projects
- Daily catered lunch
- Individual Learning & Development fund & professional training
- Generous leave & flexible hours
- Daily catered Lunch & a fully stocked kitchen
- And More!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.