Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of un-banked & under-served consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The "Director - Strategic Initiatives"will be a member of The Strategy & Business Planning Team within Global Merchant Sales & Acquiring. The team is responsible for strategy development, management of strategic initiatives, annual planning, & operational excellence.
The Director will be a key member of Global Merchant Sales & Acquiring team & will play critical role in driving Visa's cross border revenue by closely partnering with the merchants, acquirers, and/or issuer sales teams & various functional teams across Visa. This core responsibility of the role will be to build partnership strategy & structure complex deals for the global markets. Ability to effectively partner with the internal cross-functional teams & comprehend the needs of strategic clients will be critical success factors for the role.
There will be significant opportunities for the director in this role in influencing Visa's long-term strategy & solving enterprise-level questions & challenges with data & analytics, competitive intelligence & financial modelling, often partnering with executives & leaders across Visa's organization.
- Lead the brainstorming sessions & develop rigorous, fact based, quantitative analysis to drive the cross-border partnership strategy
- Structure & solve business problems, collaborating & coordinating with a range of internal stakeholders to make recommendations on a wide range of business issues. Build out unique, creative & impactful solutions by integrating insights across Visa's many expert functional resources & supporting collaborative solution development
- Work closely with cross-functional & regional management teams on strategic projects, bringing timely & useful insight & analytical support
- Create presentations for internal approvals & external client facing partnership specific discussions. Communicate recommendations to senior management, other executive, functional, or regional staff & management in a clear, concise & high-impact way.
- 3 +years of experience in management consulting, investment banking or corporate strategy preferred. Specific domain knowledge in payments/ merchant acquiring will be a plus
Commercial acumen to build deal strategy for clients of disparate sizes. Superior analytical & problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual & analytical rigor, attention to detail & ability to structure & analyze sophisticated financial modeling
Strong interpersonal & leadership skills to influence & build credibility as a "peer" with functional & regional leaders within Visa
Ability to independently lead & manage projects with multiple work streams, with proven leadership success over a wide variety of functional business problems
Personal presence & ability to clearly communicate compelling messages to senior managers & external business partners
Commitment to continuous training & improvement of employees throughout the corporate strategy function
Self-starter, team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, & flexible, with excellent presentation skills, including strong oral & writing capabilities
Distill complex data & analysis into clear & actionable recommendations
Package information in a clear, concise & compelling format that supports the sales strategy
Operate, & collaborate across functions.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.