KATERRA exists to help transform construction through technology - every process & every product.
We provide end-to-end building services, creating new efficiencies between design, engineering, construction, project management, & more. Our integrated teams apply the principles of technology & manufacturing to the building industry, bringing fresh minds & innovative approaches to remove unnecessary time & costs from construction projects.
At KATERRA, we lead from every seat. Our ideal team members are self-starters that embrace ambiguity, think big, & bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence.
Construction Project Engineer
The Project Engineer works between the design, construction materials, integrated services & field teams & are responsible for assisting the project team with planning, management & administration of the project(s) to which they are assigned.
The ideal candidate will be organized, detail-orientated, knowledgeable of different building systems & construction materials, a quick learner, have the ability to prioritize & problem solve & have demonstrated interpersonal skills.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Learn, understand & adhere to company safety policies & programs. Including participating in safety meetings, walks, & other related tasks.
- Ability to independently manage multiple scopes of work - both subcontracted & self-performed.
- Responsible for coordinating, organizing, tracking, updating and/or expediting the flow of information, files, drawings, permits, & correspondence.
- Assist in subcontractor management by helping the superintendent coordinate the schedule of subcontractor operations & logistics.
- Schedule, attend, & take minutes at key project meetings.
- Participate in, & lead, assigned elements of project closeout including punch list, owner turnover manuals & required owner training.
- Participate in weekly planner/subcontractor coordination meetings & track weekly planner data.
- Coordinate & manage materials with the Construction Materials team & subcontractors. This includes the timely delivery, receiving, quality control, staging, secure storage, deployment & tracking.
- Review extra work orders (EWOs) presented by subcontractors & assist with determining accuracy/validity.
- Assist Project Mangers/Superintendents with the creation & management of project schedules, logistic plans, & subcontractor & materials coordination plans.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelors Degree Construction Management, Architecture, or Engineering
- 1 to 5 years industry experience
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Computer knowledge & efficiency, including MS Office & project management software.
- Be effective at building collaborative relationships & functioning effectively as part of a team
- Demonstrated work ethic
- Excellent time management & organizational skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, learning & successfully working in multicultural environments.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that KATERRA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, KATERRA will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, KATERRA explicitly reserves the right to pursue & hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of KATERRA.