INTURN is the leading global platform that standardizes the way the retail industry plans, shops & transacts off price inventory.
The Technical Writer role is responsible for documenting application specific guides that effectively convey to users how to setup, configure, & integrate with the Inturn SaaS platform. The ideal candidate has knowledge of web-based application development, demonstrates strong communication & writing skills, & can effectively interact with software engineers, product managers, & project leads. Deliverables include "getting started" guides, tutorials, release notes, detailed API documentation, architecture diagrams, & FAQs.
- Main projects will include writing world-class manuals & references for our internal & external tools & services, & improving existing, internal written material. The work spans the entire writing cycle from requirements gathering to publication.
- To shine in this role, you will bring a love of accuracy & clear explanation, excitement for the journey from zero to deep understanding on a topic you're writing about, & interpersonal skills to identify, build relationships with, & interview subject experts.
- You thrive in a dynamic, highly-collaborative team environment.
- You appreciate that effective communication benefits from multiple media, not only words. You can recommend various writing approaches, including artwork & video.
- Writing samples, including material for a developer audience
- Experience working with engineering teams & engineering program managers
- Fluency with plaintext workflows, including Markdown, Git, & bash
- Familiarity with version control & software development lifecycles
- Visualization skills with Omnigraffle & Photoshop, or similar tools
- Excellent writing & interpersonal skills
- Big-picture enough to ensure overall consistency & thematic voice within large documents & across document sets, & detail-oriented enough to catch tiny inconsistencies or mistakes down to the word
- Upbeat & results-oriented with a positive attitude
Education Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Technical Writing(English), Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience.
- Proven experience writing documentation for web-based platforms, APIs, or SDKs
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Experience working with cross-functional teams to gather technical information from engineers, product managers, & project leads
- Experience with Jira/Confluence is desired
- Knowledge of SAP, or other ERP platforms, a plus