Company Description|Job Description
Fascinated by the future & captivated by technology?
Smart, driven & want to make a difference in the world?
You'll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable & secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses & economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand & our global team - we're proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives & experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it's taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects & encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary & have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you're not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Lead Network Engineer , we want to hear from you - together, let's make Visa a great place to work.
What's it all about?
Visa operates the world's largest retail electronic payments network & is one of the most recognised global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value & information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses & government entities.
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop & offer credit, charge, deferred debit, prepaid & cash access programs to cardholders. Visa's card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants & government entities with a secure, convenient & reliable way to pay & be paid in 170 countries & territories.
The Infrastructure Service Reliability team is responsible for the strategy, architecture, design, support, availability, & reliability of Visa's mission critical infrastructure ie- infrastructure supporting all credit & debit systems. This team has a special charter to focus solely on mission critical network & storage infrastructure & to provide the highest level of support to these services.
This role is a recognised expert within Visa responsible for contributing to the development of functional strategy.This is an individual contributor role responsible for solving unique & complex problems that have a broad impact on the business.
This position will be located in Basingstoke, UK
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Provide technical coordination, oversight & leadership for staff & serve as escalation point for complex technical issues
- Plan, design, implement & provides ongoing support of network systems of high complexity in commercial & Cybersource environments to fulfill the business needs
- Design appropriate solutions based on environment, create detailed network designs, assess & test new & evolving technologies for performance & cost benefits
- Provide third level technical support to the Visa client institutions & to technical teams within Visa to resolve network issues & to support the implementation of new network solutions
- Build & maintain relationship with global & virtual teams & third parties on network development or support issues
- Lead development, testing & QA functions to ensure that projects are securely delivered & fulfill expectations
- Provide highest level of technical consultancy to ensure problem resolution is achieved in the shortest possible timeframe
- Requirements & provide technical assistance for investigation & analysis of security alerts
- Develop processes & procedures for use by the Network team & third parties in the management of network environments
- Develop & position solutions & create a roadmap to effectively gain buy-in from all stakeholders
- Mentor junior team members, develop departmental procedures & best practices standards
- Provide recommendations to management team to increase effectiveness of organization & technology solutions
What we're after
- Extensive work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or mid-level work experience with a PhD
- Expert knowledge of Cisco networking equipment & software - Cisco CCIE, CCNA or CCNP Routing & Switching certification preferred
- Experience administering enterprise IP networks in mission-critical, 24x7 production environments
- Mid-level related experience in infrastructure/network environments & designing, planning, documenting & implementing LANs & WANs using latest technology
- Advanced process orientation & exhibited planning, organisational & problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation, & leadership skills along with effective communication (both written & verbal) skills
- Advanced understanding of TCP/IP network protocols, including common application protocols
- Python & Ansible experience needed
- Experience with Brocade storage switching required & scripting/automation for storage fabric preferred
- Experience in high-availability networks in load-balanced, n-tier application environments
- Experience leading complex global projects from development through implementation
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex systems & network environment issues
- Ability to understand systems from all levels, from the "big picture" enterprise-level view to the low level technical view
- Ability to write technical design & build documentations for all aspects of a technical infrastructure
- Ability to represent technical & business issues & solutions to multiple levels internally & externally to support strategic organisational plans
- Demonstrate ability to work in a complex organisation to determine business & customer needs, providing the best solution to meet those needs
- ITIL certification preferred
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge & inspire you - we'd love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it's the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture & background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay & actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds & perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work & a better business partner to our clients.