Meet CarGurusthe #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, were building the worlds most trusted & transparent automotive marketplace where its easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data & its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms & innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation & vehicle history.
We are looking for a highly-motivated Business Development Associate to help launch & grow new business initiatives at CarGurus. This person will have the unique opportunity to cultivate key product & data partnerships that support the companys goals. A successful candidate will possess an outstanding analytical skillset & strong communication & organizational qualities. The role is highly cross-functional with opportunities to work closely with product, sales, engineering & marketing.
What You'll Do:
- Own the tracking of existing & prospective partnerships
- Identify operational, process & growth opportunities that optimize existing partnerships
- Evaluate new & complementary opportunities across the automotive & technology industries to inform buy, build, partner decisions
- Support cross-functional development of new product, data & commercial partnerships critical to CarGurus strategic objectives
- Lead solutions to unstructured, often ad-hoc problems
- Conduct in-depth, data-driven analysis to inform senior leaderships decisions
- Build influential presentations & models that communicate key insights & recommendations
Who You Are:
- 2+ years of professional experience, with a background in business/corporate development, consulting or investment banking preferred
- Bachelors degree required
- Track-record of outstanding academic & professional achievement
- Data-oriented thinker with an excellent analytical & problem-solving skillset
- Self-motivated, well-organized & detail-oriented
- Strong communication & presentation-building skills
- High degree of professional & personal integrity
- Able to thrive in a dynamic environment
- Expert in Microsoft Office suite
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity & collaboration. True to our start-up roots, were nimble, flexible & hardworking. We have a great respect for testing & learning & a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball & ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, were as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK & Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI & Dublin, Ireland. If youd like to learn more, please visit our careers page.