Were one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because were building a better way to get home & our customers love it. By combining smarter technology with an award-winning team of mortgage experts, were making homeownership so simple it feels magical.
So far, weve:
- Helped more than 10,000 families get home
- Financed over $2B in loans
- Saved families an average of $32,000 in fees over the life of their loans
- Grew our geographic coverage to 35 states, up from 15 states from a year ago
And were not slowing down. We continue to outpace the rest of the industry at every turn.
Our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech & finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank, American Express, & others have invested over $85MM in Better & our vision of making homeownership magical.
A Better opportunity:
Better is looking for an entrepreneurial-minded finance enthusiast to join the FP&A team. This person will assist with regular forecasting, budgeting process, cross-functional analysis & special strategic projects. Additionally, the Analyst will help develop & leverage technology to identify & track KPIs & generate key reporting packages. As the firm continually builds-out & refines its financial planning infrastructure, this individual will be key in driving & maintaining new processes. The ideal candidate isnt afraid to build something from scratch, takes pride in their work & operates well in whitespace.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting & enhancing company-wide long-range, quarterly & monthly forecasting process, including the development of corporate targets
- Partnering with key stakeholders to develop & maintain departmental budgets & the appropriate metrics to measure success
- Building out dashboards & scalable reports to track KPIs & summarize Betters financial condition to highlight key trends & variances
- Assisting in preparation of materials for Board of Directors, prospective investors (due diligence) & other external parties
- Participate in meetings & calls with the Executive team, Finance Team & investors to discuss the companys financial performance & strategy
- Participate in cross-functional work to evaluate strategic initiatives & associated financial impacts & help to incorporate into financial plans
- Monitor & analyze industry trends & peer/competitor fundamentals, including financial & market performance
- Helping with any ad-hoc analyses & strategic projects determined by the needs of executive team
- You have 1-3 years of functional experience in an FP&A, investment banking or corporate finance role
- You have strong financial modeling & presentation deck development skills
- You have excellent communication & relationship-building skills
- You are leadership minded, highly adaptable, & able to thrive in ambiguous or uncertain environments
- You are able to think creatively on a macro & micro level
- You are humble, highly driven & detail-oriented
- You are passionate about blending technology & finance
- Knowledge of SQL & Tableau is a plus
- BA / BS degree; major in finance, economics, accounting or mathematics preferred
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news & trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you dont get excited about homeownership, mortgages, & real estate, it simply wont work.
- Smarts: book & street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy & Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you dont understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking & talking to figure this stuff out, but you cant wait to leave the conversation & build it.