Title: Security Supervisor
Location: New York, NY
Reporting to:Manager, Security & Crisis Management
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
This is a full-time staff position & includes IAC's medical, dental, vision insurance & 401(k) benefits.
IAC seeks a highly skilled Security Supervisor to oversee the corporate security staff & its operation. This position (under the direction of the Manager, Security & Crisis Management) will serve as a tactical, boots-on-the-ground resource, ensuring day-to-day processes are enforced, & standard operating procedures are followed.
- Take a leadership role in responding to incidents & emergencies requiring security assistance. Ensure appropriate action is taken by staff, relevant parties are notified, & detailed After-Action Reports are completed.
- Assist in strategically deploying & positioning staff members assigned to designated shifts.
- Complete special projects (e.g., excel databases, API data file feeds, access control data reports) tasked by Security Management while completing usually assigned tasks concurrently.
- Provide feedback to Security Management on revising or developing security policies & procedures.
- In the absence of Security Management, assist in coordinating scheduling/staffing needs.
- Perform administrative & occasional ad-hoc duties when requested by Security Management.
- Maintain constant, open communication with the Security Management team to address questions, concerns, & team performance/morale.
- Receive additional administrative & specialized security-related training as part of the professional development program (e.g., relevant certifications/courses).
- Oversee security staff operating Fire Safety Command Station to make announcements & acknowledge alarms when necessary.
- Ensure security staff greets & tends to all guests, messengers, & delivery services in a highly professional manner.
- Assist Security Management in overseeing scheduling & security staff at 3rd party special events for HQ special event venue.
- Provide security services ensuring the safety of employees & the security of workspaces & critical infrastructure.
- Comply with, enforce & adhere to all IAC security policies, procedures, rules, & regulations.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 4 years of previous experience in the security, law enforcement, or military field with at least 2 years of experience in a leadership/supervisory capacity overseeing people, projects, and/or security operations with little to no oversight.
- A minimum of 60 credit hours of college-level coursework (representing 2 years), or similar self-development through college-level certification programs, trade school coursework, etc. is required.
- Physical Security Certification (CPP, APP, PSP, PCI) a plus.
- Must be willing to acquire FDNY F89 Certificate of Fitness & First Aid/CPR certifications.
- Successful performance & demonstratable leadership traits as determined by the Security Manager.
- A pleasant & positive attitude with a professional demeanor.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Administrative solid skill set with proficiency in MS Office, PowerPoint, Excel, & similar office programs.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, & the ability to handle multiple tasks & prioritize.
- Must be adept at interacting with all levels of an organization, from administrative to senior executive staff.
- Must be available to work a regular schedule, including daytime and/or nighttime shifts, plus overtime on an as-needed basis.
- As a condition of continued employment, the employee must maintain the current active status of all required licenses.
- Candidate must pass the pre-screening process, including a background investigation.
Any necessary training, licenses, & certifications will be 100% compensated.
Essential Physical & Mental Functions:
- Read, understand & clearly speak English; constantly use speech & hearing (correctable to normal level required) to communicate with public/co-workers, give & receive instructions, & use phones.
- Stand or walk constantly during 3rd party events when needed.
- Constant mental alertness & attention to detail are required while setting priorities & following up on assignments.
- Must be willing to follow the chain of command & established security procedures.
- Must handle the pressure of working with a high-volume general public (ranging from constant to occasional, depending on the assignment).
Company Benefits & Perks:
- Generous paid time off programs for flexible vacations
- 16 hours of volunteer time off yearly for community service
- Industry-leading 401k plan with a 10% dollar-for-dollar company match
- Employer-sponsored medical, dental, & vision insurance
- $5,000 yearly tuition reimbursement for continuing education
- Pre-tax commuter benefits through WageWorks
- A vibrant office building in Chelsea with a well-stocked snack bar
IAC builds companies. We are guided by curiosity, a questioning of the status quo, & a desire to invent or acquire new products & brands. From the single seed that started as IAC over two decades ago have emerged 11 public companies & generations of exceptional leaders. We will always evolve, but our basic principle of financially-disciplined opportunism will never change. IAC today operates Dotdash Meredith & Care.com, among many others, & also has majority ownership of Angi Inc, which includes HomeAdvisor Powered by Angi & Handy. The company is headquartered in New York City & has business operations & satellite offices worldwide.