Birchbox was founded in 2010 to redefine the way consumers discover & shop for beauty & grooming. The company quickly grew from an exciting idea to a business that has materially shaped the beauty industry: weve activated an enormous group of underserved, untapped consumers, awakening their relationship with beauty & grooming by making the experience relevant, easy & fun. Our innovation isnt the simple concept of delivering a box of samples its understanding that although not everyone is passionate about beauty & grooming, everyone still deserves to have a great experience finding, trying & buying it.
Birchbox welcomes people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, & experiences. We celebrate how different perspectives benefit our employees, our products, & our community. We are focused on cultivating a diverse & inclusive work environment that encourages collaboration, creativity, & innovation. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. See here to find out how Birchbox is making a difference.
We are looking for a technical product manager to lead & oversee the strategy & creation of a wide variety of technical features. As a product manager, you'll be responsible for gathering business stakeholder & customer needs & translating them into a product plan & roadmap. You'll work closely with the design & engineering teams on a day-to-day basis to create & document clear specifications. Youll interact with all business units throughout the course of a project as you seek to build & translate the strategy into tangible releases. You will be responsible for making sure everything we create meets the vision & high standards of Birchbox.
Initially, you'll focus on globalizing our operational infrastructure, including our eCommerce platform integration, our in-house subscription system, & our product information management, warehouse, & finance/ERP systems. Then, you'll work both to build delightful, user-facing experiences powered by the infrastructure that you help create, & continually iterate on that infrastructure!
- Lead product strategy for a functional group at Birchbox consisting of backend engineers, frontend engineers, product designers & data scientists.
- Work with our product team to build delightful, user-facing experiences & the infrastructure & the operational systems that power them.
- Develop product roadmaps, user stories, scenarios, & product backlogs by conducting user research & engaging with business stakeholders.
- Drive product development through the entire development cycle, from conceptualization, design & development, through to launch & ongoing support in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- Conduct quantitative & qualitative research to identify opportunities to optimize existing features & design new ones.
- Manage functional QA processes & determine appropriate testing opportunities.
- 3+ years experience with product management.
- 2+ years in software engineering: experience designing systems & writing production-quality code.
- Exceptional organizational & analytical skills, & a proven ability to drive complex projects with minimal oversight.
- A strong understanding of current technologies & standards & how the digital ecosystem is evolving.
- Experience with scrum methodology & working in an agile environment.
- Demonstrated ability to collect user feedback & understand customer pain points.
- Experience creating simple & intuitive user interface wireframes & mockups.
- Experience running A/B tests & comfort with analyzing data
A successful candidate
- Possesses exceptional communication skills & social awareness
- Is results-oriented & self-motivated with the ability to take charge or play a supporting role
- Has a basic knowledge of accounting or willingness to learn
- Has a strong ability to think in terms of technical systems & architecture
- Is passionate about user-centric design
- Wants to build delightful user-facing products and the backend systems & services that power them
***To support an inclusive & equitable hiring process, we are eliminating resume submissions. To complete your application, answer the questions below.***