We're on a mission to design a more equitable world. And we want your help.
IDEO.org is a nonprofit design studio, with the mission to design a more just & inclusive world. Were a tight-knit group of designers, strategists, builders, writers, & connectors fueled by curiosity, optimism, & a passion for social change. Our work tackling some of the worlds toughest challenges takes us all over the worldfrom communities across Asia & Africa to neighborhoods in our own backyards.
We are hiring a Senior Talent Associate in our New York studio. Reporting to the Director of Talent & HR, the Associate will manage recruitment across all three IDEO.org studios (San Francisco, New York, & Nairobi, Kenya) & will perform other essential HR generalist responsibilities related to onboarding, offboarding, compliance, learning & development, employee relations & engagement, benefits administration, & applicant tracking system & HRIS maintenance.
- Partner with managing directors & hiring teams to manage full life-cycle recruitment processes including: developing/revising job descriptions, posting jobs, coordinating resume review, conducting initial screenings & scheduling interviews, managing timely candidate correspondence, maintaining candidate records via Greenhouse, & driving consensus among hiring teams to drive toward decision-making
- Guide leadership & hiring managers in recruitment best practices, offering recommendations for revisions.
- Maintain existing, & establish new, recruiting partnerships (with sister organizations, colleges & universities, diversity networks) to share experience, elevate IDEO.orgs brand, & build/manage a dynamic pipeline of high-potential, diverse candidates.
- Partner with the director of talent & HR to manage the immigration process for employees, where necessary.
- Manage reference check & background screening process.
- Provide an exceptional experience to all current & prospective candidates that are part of IDEO.orgs talent community or are currently part of a formal hiring process.
Onboarding & Culture
- Lead the onboarding process for new hires, including: collaborating with business leads & the Talent & HR team to implement onboarding plans & coordinate orientations; conduct talent & HR new hire orientations.
- Conduct new hire check-ins within the first 30, 60 & 90 days of employment, to assess employment experience, troubleshoot problems & identify themes that can inform future onboarding efforts.
- Play an active role in the NY studios experience team to inform a positive, engaging employment experience.
- Partner with staff, business leads, & the Talent & HR team to address & resolve employee relations issues.
Learning & Development
- Coordinate trainings, & learning & development opportunities; in partnership with the Talent & HR team. Develop & conduct select trainings.
- Support business leads to manage & guide professional development funds.
Benefits & Compliance
- Respond to requests for information, & provide resources, related to benefit offerings.
- Ensure benefit enrollments are timely & accurate, including: ensuring new employees are timely enrolled in correct benefit plans, transitioning employees are removed from plans, & other benefit changes are communicated to benefit administrators.
- Reconcile monthly benefit invoices.
- Partner with the director of talent & HR to manage the annual open enrollment process.
- Assist with completion of compliance reports.
- Manage the offboarding process for transitioning staff, including: collaborating with business operations teams, preparing exit interview materials & conducting & analyzing exit interviews - identifying trends & offering recommendations for improvements..
- Perform any related job responsibility as assigned by the director of talent & HR.
This position is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated person, with solid recruiting experience, in a professional creative environment. This role requires a fast learner, who is enthusiastic, detail-oriented, empathetic, & operates with a high level of discretion & tact.
- Three (3) to five (5) years related experience, including demonstrated experience leading successful full-cycle recruitment efforts.
- Knowledge of talent & HR laws, best practices, & trends related to recruitment & employment practices.
- Demonstrated experience using HRIS & applicant tracking systems (ATS); experience with Paylocity & Greenhouse ATS a plus.
- Excellent oral, written & interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience using Google Suite (Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides) & Slack, a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to manage confidential information & employment situations with a high level of tact, judgment, diplomacy & empathy.
- Demonstrated ability to establish & maintain systems to ensure operations run smoothly.
- Bachelors degree in related field desired; equivalent experience & education also considered.
- SHRM or HRCI certification is a plus.
Commitment to Diversity
At IDEO.org, we are committed to the work of advancing diversity, equity & inclusion within our organization & in the world. Our purpose of having disproportionate, world-changing impact through design is directly connected to our ability to bring many different perspectives to the table. This applies to our candidates, the people we hire, the clients & customers we serve, & the communities we learn from in our research.
As a human-centered organization, we are committed to working with & designing for people of every race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, socio-economic status, physical ability or attribute, religion, national origin, or political belief. We recognize that this commitment requires ongoing work & sustained attention, as well as adaptation to new insights & best practices.