Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about creating a world class web experience for a community of 3.5 million developers.
We are looking for an experienced Full Stack Developer who shares our passion for web development best practices & can solve problems on a range of web projects. Youll be working on a range of online properties including our public facing company website digitalocean.com & our Community website which are visited by more than 3.5 million developers every month. Youll have the freedom to do what you do best, so you should feel comfortable owning your work from start to finish, as well as bringing fresh ideas to the table that can make our product, development experience, & team better.
Ideal candidates have experience working at a startup or tech-oriented organization, building world-class modern web applications.
You will get to work with a team of high-energy & dedicated marketing, product managers, designers & other engineers across the stack to make ideas a reality. In joining our team, you'll enjoy a competitive salary, great benefits, a creative & comfortable work environment, & the exciting opportunity to be part of a fast-paced & growing technology company.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Develop our corporate website, content management system, our Community knowledge base, & other public-facing websites
- Manage the infrastructure for relevant applications
- Write clean, maintainable, & testable code
- Contribute to project scoping & web roadmap timelines
- Work in conjunction with other web developers
- Provide technology solutions for desktop, tablet & mobile with an understanding of responsive design
- Quality assurance testing on all website projects prior to launch
- Work in an existing codebase to make improvements & fix issues
- Incorporate engineering best practices, creative & fresh thinking to enhance our user experiences
What Well Expect From You:
- Proven experience building & deploying applications at scale
- Up-to-date knowledge of HTML & CSS
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with Concourse or other CI/CD tooling
- Experience with Prismic CMS is a plus
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects & deadlines simultaneously
- Must be a self-starter & self motivated
- Empathy for developers who will be using the content & documentation that you support, & a determination to help DigitalOcean make a positive impact
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other & take our no jerks rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to & from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles & reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC & Cambridge & offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. Were also very remote-friendlywe use Slack to communicate across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office & take an all-expenses paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Marketing team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!